Bomb Threat!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My 15 y/o sister just called from school....they had a bomob threat at noon today. We're talking in a town population of 1000..... They moved all the kids from the high school to the elementary & they are going through the high school....I don't know what sort of police force they've got there....or how the threat came in. All I know is that she didn't get much lunch & that she's "hungry, cold, & it stinks with some many people in the gym."

All the color just drained from my mom's face, but she still had to go back to work.

Keep my little siste rin your thoughts fow now, OK? I'm not too worried as these always amount to nothing(my big sis & I had a bomb threat in high schoo, too), but there's always a first time.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My high school got bomb threats several times and it was never anything serious. I hope everything is okay though.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope everything is ok!

Once when I was in HS, bomb threats were called into several area schools (elementary, middle AND HS).

We heard later that there was a robbery at a bank nearby. The police were pretty sure the bomb threats were to keep the cops busy while they pulled their heist.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

How much you want to bet that somebody didn't study for a test?
That's what happened in my case.

She had lunch, but they didn't get much time to eat. They were trying to make something up at the elementary for them to eat I hear now(I called my nosy grandma who hears everything & is keeping me updated).

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats so scary Natalie, especially when its so close to home for me
When I was in HS, we never had one, thank goodness, but I do believe since I graduated they've had them - always false alarms.

Hoping everything clears up soon!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lil sis just called...I am to pick her up @ 2:45...in like 10 min. She couldn't talk long & sounded weird..... I go tthe impression that they weren't allowed back into the school to get their stuff....who knows! I'll let you know mroe when I get back!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Lil sis just called...I am to pick her up @ 2:45...in like 10 min. She couldn't talk long & sounded weird..... I go tthe impression that they weren't allowed back into the school to get their stuff....who knows! I'll let you know mroe when I get back!
I am praying for the safety of your sister and her classmates. I hope everything turns out to be ok.
I hope they find whoever made the threats and that they are severly punished!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Someone wrote "I"m gonna blow up the shcool" in orange beside one of the urinals in the boys bathroom!
Once they rounded up food at the elementary, they fed everyone again. They then watch Pirates of the Carribbean. My lil sis had to walk about a block in 20 F weather(whatever the windchill is, too) 2x in a T-SHIRT !!!
She has had a cold & she feels like crum even more now.....

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We had at least 1 or 2 a year when I was in HS. One year it was awful, all the high schools around here were getting them. I mean it was so bad there were like 4 in just 1 month. Only one was ever over a suspicious item. Which turned out to be batteries and some metal pieces wrapped in electrical tape. I saw the cops destroy it on one of the sports fields.

Hope they figure out who did it. It's not funny.

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good grief! Got my fingers crossed it's a prank and no one gets hurt. Whoever did it needs to be punished whether a prank or not!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what jerks!!
now kids and parents have to worry about their safety.
some people need to get a life and I hope they find out who did this!
I will keep your sister and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

how is your sister doing tonight? did they find out who made the threat?
She's sick as all get out. She looks like a kitty with a URI.
Been sleeping since like 5pm tonight. I am fairly confident that they won't figure out who it was. They usually never do. Somebody out there is having a good laugh because s/he was funny. I dislike stupid people!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

She's sick as all get out. She looks like a kitty with a URI.
Been sleeping since like 5pm tonight. I am fairly confident that they won't figure out who it was. They usually never do. Somebody out there is having a good laugh because s/he was funny. I dislike stupid people!
Bless her heart, give her a hug from all of us here on tcs
/ Maybe some hot tea or hot chocolate would make her feel a bit better when she wakes up?