Look what I found outside of work this morning!!!!!!

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I drive up to work and get out of my car...then hear this meowing. I investigate and eventually find a cat across the street at some townhouses. It is under a car, but I am cautious to approach as it is under someone's carport. I eventually go into my office, becasue I know I can't take yet another cat. When I walked away, it's meowing became even louder and faster. Later, a co-worker and I went back to check on it. It had crawled up in the engine of someone's car, so I knocked and let them know. It wasn't their cat. Later in the morning, two other female co-workers came to see if we had anything to feed a cat because there was one in the flower bed in front of the office. It was the same little kitten. I tore up some paper and put it in a box, caught her and put her in it. One of my co-workers said she would take it home at the end of the day. She went and bought some food and the boss said it was ok to bring it upstairs as long as he didn't see it or hear it. The only way to keep her quiet is to let her hang out in my lap. She squirms alot and wants to explore. I'm planning to print up some signs and pass them around the townhouses to see if it is anyone's kitten. I would guess her to be approx. 6 months old. She has a little conjunctivitis going on. I have to keep wiping the gunk out of her eyes. Michelle said she would take her to the vet to have that looked at. Here are some pics of the little cutie.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Her eyes look sore, poor thing. She's very pretty otherwise though! Hopefully she's gone missing from a loving home somewhere and you will be able to reunite her with her family. She's obviously been loved if she wants to cuddle

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, poor little thing! Her eyes look like they hurt! I'm so happy that you guys brought her in, and your co-worker is going to take her to a vet!

Hopefully she'll have the plush wonderful life that she was ment to have!

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor thing...she is very fortunate that you and your coworkers cared enough to bring her in.

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She has been passed out in my lap for about 30 minutes now while I'm eating my lunch. She is such a sweetie. She has the deepest meow I've ever heard on a little kitty, let alone a female. I don't know if that's her normal mew or if she is hoarse from crying so much. I would have considered taking her if I didn't already have 3 cats myself and if I wasn't staying with my parents right now while doing work on my own house.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SophieC

She has been passed out in my lap for about 30 minutes now while I'm eating my lunch. She is such a sweetie. She has the deepest meow I've ever heard on a little kitty, let alone a female. I don't know if that's her normal mew or if she is hoarse from crying so much. I would have considered taking her if I didn't already have 3 cats myself and if I wasn't staying with my parents right now while doing work on my own house.
that's how i got my calico, Java. she was here at the school in the parking lot. i took her home, but asked around & told the office to let me know if anyone came looking for her - no one ever did, & i now have the sweetest calico on the face of the earth!

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good job saving this poor baby. She looks so sweet. I hope you friend can keep her or you find her owner. Around here a little kitty like that outside by herself would be in big trouble. It was 20 or 21 degrees when I left home this morning, we won't even talk about the windchill.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm soo glad ya'll rescued her
Let us know how her vet visit goes with your friend

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, here's a little update. It looks like I might be stuck with her for the night at least. My co-worker who said she would take her home at the end of the day....well, her grandmother passed away over the weekend. She left at lunchtime for the funeral. My guess is that when she told me she would take the cat home after work today, she had forgotten about her grandmother's funeral.....so that's understandable. I also put a call in to Lafayette Animal Aid (well, one of the volunteers that I know) to see if they had any room to take in this kitty. It is a no-kill shelter. I asked another co-worker in the front if she thought Michelle would be upset if Laf. Animal Aid would be able to take the cat in....she said she didn't think so....and that if she really wanted the cat, she could go and get it back. I hope it's that easy if that's the case.

A different co-worker of mine went home for lunch and brought back some eye ointment.....so we put some of that in her eyes and they already look a little better. Here she is now...............

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Question for you all....tomorrow at lunchtime, I plan to go around and post some flyers about this kitty. There is a set of apartments and a set of townhouses. I was planning to tape one onto each door of the townhouses...hadn't really thought about the apartments further down the street. My co-worker thinks I should just post one by the set of mailboxes for the apartments and put them up randomly on posts around the townhouses. What do you all think?

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How does this sound for the flyer I'm planning to post tomorrow?

FOUND:

YOUNG FEMALE KITTEN (3 or 4 MONTHS OLD) IN THE VICINITY OF BELL DOWNS TOWNHOUSES & APARTMENTS. CALL xxx-xxxx TO CLAIM. BE PREPARED TO GIVE A DESCRIPTION.

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds good - That way you will know if they knew her or not.

Poor little thing! She looks like she needs a good cuddle!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You are so sweet to take care of her like this. She is lovely. Good vibes and prayers that you find her owners or a good home for her.