The best thing about my job...

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Living in NE Ohio makes for a variety of weather patterns in a very short period of time. Last week at this time it was 65 and sunny, almost spring like. Today it's 8 and there's about a foot of snow on the ground. My job takes the wacky weather into account and gives us a "weather" day. So today, I'm taking my "weather" day. I'm 28 years old and I have a SNOW DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow you guys must have gotten whomped up there! I live in Medina and got nothing and I work in Independence and there's nothing here either!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

Wow you guys must have gotten whomped up there! I live in Medina and got nothing and I work in Independence and there's nothing here either!
I live in Lake county... enough said.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

ok, that explains everything
have a fun snow day!
That's good old NE Ohio for you! An hour away from me is NOTHING. Where I live it's snow covered roads and school closings. The three words that make me shudder are: Lake Effect Snow. I might as well just call into work and tell them I'm going to be an hour late. The kicker is I only live 15 minutes away!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For those who have never heard of this wonderful pheromone here's an article about the wonders of Lake Effect Snow. I have the high honor of living in one of FIVE areas of the world that have this. What it means for me: I've got more snow that I can drive in. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake-effect_snow

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

That's good old NE Ohio for you! An hour away from me is NOTHING. Where I live it's snow covered roads and school closings. The three words that make me shudder are: Lake Effect Snow. I might as well just call into work and tell them I'm going to be an hour late. The kicker is I only live 15 minutes away!
The dreaded Lake Erie snow machine
I live almost an hour away from where I work and I've a couple times where it took me about 3 hours to get home because of the snow
and that not's even going near Lake County!

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I grew up in Lake Co. Indiana, not OH, but we got Lake Effect snow every winter. The only bad thing is that we're very prepared for it so it was rare to get out of school or work.

I remember one March we had a freak blizzard that dumped lots of snow and caused a lot of power to be cut. My HS was without power for a week, so we didn't have classes. My brother had a 4-wheel drive Jimmy and earned a lot of gas $$ since no one else in our family had a vehicle that could handle that much snow. I think this was in '97.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Guess what? Southern Indiana can get lake effect snow, too - FROM LAKE MICHIGAN!!!!!!! That's 300+ miles away!

BTW - I don't like snow anymore. Shoveled enough of it back in the late 1970s.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had that too, growing up in Syracuse NY! I've always loved snow, even when my sister and I had to trek home 2 miles in a bone fide blizzard (and yes, I really am 27, not 72!)