Anyone Live in North Carolina?

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lee and I have been talking about moving there. He wants to persue a career in racing of some sort and that is the racing capital of the US. So I am just curious as to the cost of living in your area. How much does an apartment rent for on average. Any help will be great!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow thanks! That is a great link. SO far it looks like our cost of living will be a whole lot cheaper.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It really is! i did it like 4 times. As I have no idea where we will move to if we do!

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lived here for 35 years, what you wanna know??? I'm about 2 miles from Richard Childress Racing's shops now... used to be 10 miles from Race City (Mooresville.)

Well, all but a handful of the teams shops are within a 30 minute drive of Mooresville. Not as easy as you think to break in to the industry, but they do some hiring. Maybe check out jayski's job links to see if he has anything posted...

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He has raced in go karts since he was 8. Really good driver. But he doesn't have to go straight into driving. He wants to climb the ladder like everyone else. Even said Busch series would be cool. The boy could really go far! Or work in a karting shop for a while. When he goes to Kartfest in Hickory in January he is going to see if any kart shops are hiring. Then go from there I guess. He worked in tool and die for 7 years before Char-Broil moved production to China so he knows his stuff.

Jayskis' job links? What is that?

Never mind I got it! Thanks!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is a cool calculator Heather.

Brian and I are planning on moving to North Carolina when we move back east. He went to college in Boone and loved the area, plus its in between my parents in Georgia and his parents in Virginia, so our kids (one day) will have both sets of grandparents not too far away.

We're not completely set on Boone, but we're thinking western North Carolina. Keep me updated on your moving decisions!

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

He went to college in Boone and loved the area, plus its in between my parents in Georgia and his parents in Virginia, so our kids (one day) will have both sets of grandparents not too far away.
A Mountaineer, eh?
GO ASU!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

That is a cool calculator Heather.

Brian and I are planning on moving to North Carolina when we move back east. He went to college in Boone and loved the area, plus its in between my parents in Georgia and his parents in Virginia, so our kids (one day) will have both sets of grandparents not too far away.

We're not completely set on Boone, but we're thinking western North Carolina. Keep me updated on your moving decisions!
My uncle just moved from Miami to Boone! My poor cousin's still at home were kind of in for a shock. I think Boone isn't too far from DH's family....gonna check on Google.

*edit* Boone is about an hour and a half from DH's family in Tennessee according to Google.