Kitties who shread the trash bag liners?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it seems that my 5 little angels have learned some new mischevious tricks lately.
It seems that the boys have created a new game which involves shreading the trash bag liners that hang outside of the trashcan. What little weirdos!
Does anyones else have a kitty that does this? They are not getting into the trash (it has a lid on it)...just shreading the liners

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my boys would love to have a playdate with your kitty....this week they've distroyed the tassle on my table runner, the trash bag liners, several toys, a ton of things that were in the recycling bin....the list goes on
they're rotten, but they make up for it with their cuteness

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is one thing Trout doesn't do...BUT she does like to take whatever is in my bedroom trash can out and play with right when I am sleeping to wake me up...so that sucks too..LOL

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

That is one thing Trout doesn't do...BUT she does like to take whatever is in my bedroom trash can out and play with right when I am sleeping to wake me up...so that sucks too..LOL
My sister's cat Lucky does that
one day he came out of her bedroom with some unmentionable things ....my sister's jaw just dropped and she ran over to him to take it out of his mouth

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

My sister's cat Lucky does that
one day he came out of her bedroom with some unmentionable things ....my sister's jaw just dropped and she ran over to him to take it out of his mouth
Are you perchance referring to used feminine products with strings?
Have had the same problem with some previous cats - and a dog who liked to shred them.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Are you perchance referring to used feminine products with strings?
Have had the same problem with some previous cats - and a dog who liked to shred them.
Yes, only thank goodness, my sister's wasn't used
he drug it our right in the middle of the room where we were all sitting drinking coffee. He was so proud of himself too! He thought he had just found the best toy ever
/ After that, i convienced my sister to get a trash can with a top on it

bob'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Freckles liked to shred plastic bags I was saving for recycling. I caught Bob trying to drag one of my bras out of the bathroom last week. Fortunatly none of mine have gone after the truly female unmentionables.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Uhhhh! I just cought the little stinkers at it again trying to "kill" the trash bag liners

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm going to go home and give Bijou and Mika tons of love - they are so well-behaved and don't ever get into things they aren't supposed to. We are so lucky.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I'm going to go home and give Bijou and Mika tons of love - they are so well-behaved and don't ever get into things they aren't supposed to. We are so lucky.
hehe, can i trade kitties with you today

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The girls don't do things like that, but our little boy is another story.

Maybe it's because he's a new addition...a month yesterday...but the small bathroom downstairs just has a shower stall...no tub, it doesn't have doors, it has a fabric shower curtain and USED to have a plastic liner...I say USED TO, because he decided he should rip it to bits yesterday afternoon.
I guess he got mad because everyone was watching the football game and not paying any attention to him, either that or he doesn't like the Steelers and he's a Tampa Bay fan and just couldn't deal with the fact that they lost

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

hehe, can i trade kitties with you today
That could be fun - trading for the day (but only the day because I need Bijou to sleep with at night). With the cooler weather, he cuddles right down under my chin at night. I put my arm around him and he rests his head/face on my hand. Even John always has to check that Bijou's with me before he comes to bed. If Bijou isn't with me, John finds him and carries him into the bedroom with us.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

That could be fun - trading for the day (but only the day because I need Bijou to sleep with at night). With the cooler weather, he cuddles right down under my chin at night. I put my arm around him and he rests his head/face on my hand. Even John always has to check that Bijou's with me before he comes to bed. If Bijou isn't with me, John finds him and carries him into the bedroom with us.
Awwww, what a little love bug!!! Your kitties sound soo sweet!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Awwww, what a little love bug!!! Your kitties sound soo sweet!
You know, they really are. I thought it was maybe my own bias but everyone who meets them wants to go get one just like them. My hubby is so ga-ga over them, especially Bijou, that it astonishes me. Mika is really our daughter's kitty but she is getting closer to us now. John picks her up and carries her around while telling her how sweet she is. We feel so truly blessed with these kitties.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, they can't shred the trash since it's in a cabinet.

I don't really see them shread anything but their posts, which need to be replaced because of the fury of Leo.

However, lately, things like shoes and bras have been winding up in the litter box....hmmmmmmmm....My Crocs (they're a kind of beach shoe...better to wear on beaches with shards of glass and hypodermic needles than flip flops anyway) are a favorite for being dragged to obnoxious places.