Holiday Wreaths Anyone????

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, how many of you are putting up seasonal wreaths for the holidays?? I got some stuff tonight to make a gorgrous wreath that will work for both Christmas and Hanukkah
I'm soo excited!
I'm going to make it tomorrow. I swear I have a list a mile long for everyone who wants wreaths - i'm a florist, so all of my family picks out the materials they want each year and I make the wreaths, etc for them.
Who else is putting up a wreath this year?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have 2 artificial up already. I was just talking the other day with my co-workers about how I missed the scent from making ones with live greenery in school. (I took floriculture for 2 years and we'd sell wreaths and cemetary pieces and what-not at Christmas) I may have to see if the high school has any for sale yet!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

So, how many of you are putting up seasonal wreaths for the holidays?? I got some stuff tonight to make a gorgrous wreath that will work for both Christmas and Hanukkah
I'm soo excited!
I'm going to make it tomorrow. I swear I have a list a mile long for everyone who wants wreaths - i'm a florist, so all of my family picks out the materials they want each year and I make the wreaths, etc for them.
Who else is putting up a wreath this year?
Well I know you do the flower thing, Your Making it tomorrow WOW I wanna see it
Then I will decide if I am putting one up. Then maybe I'll have you make me one

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i have this cute one made out of sticks and its got a teddy on the front
if i have time when i get home tonight im going to put it up

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I have two real wreaths outside that I decorated with dark red fake poinsettias, and gold ribbon. I am working on a wreath made out of just ribbon for inside. I saw a ribbon one at a florist for $120
, so I thought it was worth an attempt to make it myself!

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I Always put up wreaths. I pick my own fur tips and make my own.usually I have them made by now. But I've been so busy decorating putting up my outside lights. Xmas shopping ect I haven't made them yet. But its snowing right now so I guess I'm going to make them today.I have the fur all ready.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to have a really nice one that I hung on the outside of my apartment door for years and years. One year some idiot stole it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man was I ticked off! Now I don't have a wreathe because I haven't found one that I really like enough to buy. The one I had was a gift from my friend's mom who was big into arts and crafts and made it for me. Unfortunately she doesn't do that kind of thing anymore so I can't get another.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

Well I know you do the flower thing, Your Making it tomorrow WOW I wanna see it
Then I will decide if I am putting one up. Then maybe I'll have you make me one
No problem
as soon as I make it, i will send you a picture

Originally Posted by AbbysMom

I have two real wreaths outside that I decorated with dark red fake poinsettias, and gold ribbon. I am working on a wreath made out of just ribbon for inside. I saw a ribbon one at a florist for $120
, so I thought it was worth an attempt to make it myself!
Just a little word of advice (you didn't hear it from this florist
), but just about EVERYTHING in a flower shop is marked up between 50-90% as far as the final sale prices go. You'd be surprised just how cheap we can get Star of Bethleham, Roses, Lilies, anything like that.....we get them really cheap and mark them up a lot (to make a profit, otherwise we wouldn't make a thing
) / If you'd rather not use a florist, Martha Stewart has a TON of creative ideas on her website www.marthastewart.com . I definitely recommend it. She pretty much revolutionized the floral design industry along with Frankie Shelton a while back- those two ladies made the design industry what it is today. So if you can get ideas and tips from her site for free and do it on your on, i say go for it

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it's getting late here...i've been swamped all day so it looks like i will have to make my wreath tomorrow. I have blue,silver,white ribbon, berries, flowers, & glitter sticks for it
I'll take pictures whenever i make it

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is a wreath my Mom and I made it's over 4 1/2 ft. There is also one the same size on the front entrance...little different decorations(Outdoor Friendly)
the color on the grapes is way off though they are burgundy not sure why they look pink! This is in my Kitchen.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
helen, your wreath is pretty
(humm, and those grapes do look pink
)

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat