When do you wrap your holiday presents???

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm trying to decide when I should wrap everyones presents. I'm thinking i'll go ahead and wrap Colins in case he gets curious and tries to sneak a peak...but I usually wait till the week of Christmas to wrap everything. This year I might wrap them early
. When do you wrap your presents?

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We always used to spend Christmas Eve wrapping gifts. It's a big tradition in our family that we spend Christmas Eve day together, then all the men go out for the evening after the kids all go to bed and the women spend the evening with a few bottles of wine, starting the cooking and wrapping gifts. As an older teenager I (being the tomboy I was) spent more time going out as an honourary guy - but I still wrap my gifts on Christmas Eve

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

We always used to spend Christmas Eve wrapping gifts. It's a big tradition in our family that we spend Christmas Eve day together, then all the men go out for the evening after the kids all go to bed and the women spend the evening with a few bottles of wine, starting the cooking and wrapping gifts. As an older teenager I (being the tomboy I was) spent more time going out as an honourary guy - but I still wrap my gifts on Christmas Eve
That sounds like a lovely tradition

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I just wish I was home this year for it - my BF's family barely call each other at Christmas (which is probably a good thing because I don't get off the phone all day because it is the one chance I get to speak to everyone back home)

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I'm trying to decide when I should wrap everyones presents. I'm thinking i'll go ahead and wrap Colins in case he gets curious and tries to sneak a peak...but I usually wait till the week of Christmas to wrap everything. This year I might wrap them early
. When do you wrap your presents?
When someone offers to help me
I went today and got SEVERAL gift certificates I guess I'll do those

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Yeah, I just wish I was home this year for it - my BF's family barely call each other at Christmas (which is probably a good thing because I don't get off the phone all day because it is the one chance I get to speak to everyone back home)
Too bad you're not closer to Memphis, i'd welcome you to spend the holidays with my family

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

When someone offers to help me
I went today and got SEVERAL gift certificates I guess I'll do those
Nothing wrong with that
/ I saw this idea the other day when I was looking around online- it had a really cute idea for gift cards. I think i'll try it this year if I get anyone a gift card

http://www.marthastewart.com/page.jh...SL&site=living

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually wrap them a couple days after I get them. I love wrapping presents!!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually wrap them right after I buy them, it drives me nuts if they are sitting around unwrapped!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I usually wrap them right after I buy them, it drives me nuts if they are sitting around unwrapped!
same here!
or I wrap them the next morning. I have to shut the door so I don't have my cats and dogs helping me.
and of course I have to wrap their gifts so that's another reason why I have to shut the door.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy

same here!
or I wrap them the next morning. I have to shut the door so I don't have my cats and dogs helping me.
and of course I have to wrap their gifts so that's another reason why I have to shut the door.
I do the same thing- nobody is allowed in the room when I wrap gifts to avoid them sneaking a peak at their presents.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Nothing wrong with that
/ I saw this idea the other day when I was looking around online- it had a really cute idea for gift cards. I think i'll try it this year if I get anyone a gift card

http://www.marthastewart.com/page.jh...SL&site=living
Oh no I am so not making those
I can't even get the gifts let alone the gift cards needing stockings
Stick the slippers in the gift stocking
They fold easy

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

Oh no I am so not making those
I can't even get the gifts let alone the gift cards needing stockings
Stick the slippers in the gift stocking
The'll fold easy
I can't wait to make some of those slippers
I'm sooooo gonna take pictures

babytobee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I usually wrap them the week of Christmas, but that's because I usually BUY them the week of Christmas...

Anyhow, this year I started working at World Market and decided that I was going to make some serious custom gift baskets for everyone... problem is, I did all my shopping about 2 months ago but forgot to buy baskets. Now I am too lazy to get them (even though I work at World Market and could pick them up any day after work) so I will probably end up wrapping them the week of Christmas, once again... *sigh*

~Amy

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BabyTobee

I usually wrap them the week of Christmas, but that's because I usually BUY them the week of Christmas...

Anyhow, this year I started working at World Market and decided that I was going to make some serious custom gift baskets for everyone... problem is, I did all my shopping about 2 months ago but forgot to buy baskets. Now I am too lazy to get them (even though I work at World Market and could pick them up any day after work) so I will probably end up wrapping them the week of Christmas, once again... *sigh*

~Amy
Oh I LOVE World Market- they have awesome stuff there!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Once the tree is up, I start wrapping or putting them into gift bags and putting them under the tree so they aren't cluttering up the rest of the house