Has your kitty "discovered" the Christmas tree yet???

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So...how many naughty kitties out there have "discovered" the Christmas tree yet? Tonight Isabella did
She was all the way in the middle of it with her head sticking out like a little ornament
I wish I had a picture of it
it was soo cute! Jasmine keeps trying to get into the tree, but her chubby bottom can't quite make it.
Velvet and Abilene have been
so far and have yet to get in trouble. So who else has a kitty who's "discovered" how fun Christmas trees are??

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope not yet. Because it hasn't been put up yet..lol. I was going to put it up today but hubby didn't get motivated enough.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm kind of dreading putting my tree up. I'm sure that bean will be one of the "naughty" kitties that won't leave it alone.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm going to boast here but hope that i'm not tempting fate, but Rosie and Sophie have been really good
Rosie pulled down the bottom set of beads once, but that's been it.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have NO ornaments left....Maybe 10 bows left...I've redecorated about a dozen times in the last week.
And fat boy Tiger usually doesn't bother ANYTHING. He's a lump normally..doesn't play with the cat dancer, the turbo-scratcher, crinkle balls or catnip. But as soon as I put up the Christmas tree...He came ALIVE!....All 20-something pounds of him!

He scales the tree to attack the angel...so the angel has been replaced with a giant bow

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
So far Abby has just been batting at the occasional ornament, and sleeping on the tree skirt

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Phenom likes to hide in the corner behind it and Phantom loves to climb it. She knows she gets in trouble for it but she still does it!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just about to post that the boys were doing well, until 8-Bit did a Matrix like leap to pull down the Christmas Moose topper we have. :::: sigh::::: It's started again.

abk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh the kittens have definitly discovered the Christmas tree. I am constantly kicking them out of it. Just the other day two of them were sleeping in it. Silly kitties!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

And fat boy Tiger usually doesn't bother ANYTHING. He's a lump normally..doesn't play with the cat dancer, the turbo-scratcher, crinkle balls or catnip. But as soon as I put up the Christmas tree...He came ALIVE!....All 20-something pounds of him!

He scales the tree to attack the angel...so the angel has been replaced with a giant bow
And here I was expecting another rant about the Cat Brat Gang!
Go Tiger!

We *finally* put the tree up last night. No decorations yet because I didn't want to put up too much temptation for Ginger. So far so good - the tree was still standing this morning.
Trent was quite insistent on helping me tie the tree skirt on.
He was being a real stinker! But after that he decided that he made the bestest decoration around - which he does.
Ginger was interested in sniffing the lights, and otherwise played monkey-see-monkey-do and just laid under the tree like Trent. Ophelia never has cared about the tree except for laying underneath it.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

And here I was expecting another rant about the Cat Brat Gang!
Go Tiger!

We *finally* put the tree up last night. No decorations yet because I didn't want to put up too much temptation for Ginger. So far so good - the tree was still standing this morning.
Trent was quite insistent on helping me tie the tree skirt on.
He was being a real stinker! But after that he decided that he made the bestest decoration around - which he does.
Ginger was interested in sniffing the lights, and otherwise played monkey-see-monkey-do and just laid under the tree like Trent. Ophelia never has cared about the tree except for laying underneath it.
Oh trust me, they are guilty too!
Bo is notorious for bopping the ornaments off the tree, and batting them around underneath it. Right now Duke and Cooter are asleep in the pile of a skirt they made as Bo is sitting in the sleigh contemplating on how to finish pulling the other bows off... I'm glad that it's a pre-lit tree, otherwise there would be NO lights on it... I'm positive of that!

Edited to add that just as I clicked the submit button, Bo climbed the tree, jumped to the entertainment center, and now Mary and Joseph from my nativity scene are in about a million pieces...
I told you... THEY ARE HELLIONS!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the stories everyone- they're too funny!
Isabella tried it again this morining, but i couldn't snap a picture in time
She saw me and realized she was being naughty and took off like a bat outta hell
....taking along with her a nice strand of garland
lol...what a bratty little princess!
It's kinda cute though, she's usually the little scardy cat, and now she's comming out of her shell to "celebrate" the holidays by being a little kitty ornament.

ashleigh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm dreading it, in a nice way....

The first year when mine were kittens I posted a pic of the tree all trashed,and a picture of minx sitting in it yawning, so last year i thought adult cats..all will be fine, well actually no, they were climbing in it before anything went on it! By the time christmas came, i'd re dressed it a zillion times, and eventually gave up, but also got some cracking shots of them sleeping within the branches. I am buying a new one tomorrow as I had to throw the last out, the branches were drooping to the ground and it was a very sorry looking thing

But still, it is cute and funny and I get great pictures, and theres worse things in the world than a trashed tree lol

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They all think that it is their personal canopy and enjoy sleeping on the skirt. I found one ornament on the floor (I've had it up for about a week now) but that's it! I haven't actually seen anyone touch it, either.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

They all think that it is their personal canopy and enjoy sleeping on the skirt. I found one ornament on the floor (I've had it up for about a week now) but that's it! I haven't actually seen anyone touch it, either.
Velvet sleeps on the tree skirt every year underneath the tree- that is her favorite spot. She'll roll over on her back and look at the lights
-it's soooo cute!
/ She never messes with the tree though
/ Just isabella