Downloading Music

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone know the best websites to do this on? I have no idea, and I don't want to get any viruses...

thanks!

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I use iTunes and also listen to pandora.com (after someone on here linked to it) for radio, but you can't download from that
Both are very good, and you're not stealing from anyone.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

Both are very good, and you're not stealing from anyone.
Ah, I was wondering about posting this question here because of that issue. I have never downloaded music before, I was just asking.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Limewire, I've used it forever and I haven't gotten any viruses or had any problems from it.

I just checked out Pandora.com - thats awesome! I love it - I'm going to defiantely start using this more often, I'd never heard of it before!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use the old version of Kazaa Light...but you can't get it any more. I'm not sure how good the newer versions are, but i'm happy with my old version
/ Also I have a TON of music programs on my computer along with huge amount of music software (I was a Music Industry major for a while there- so I have tons of music stuff).

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've used Limewire but I don't download current music since having a musician for a husband I don't feel it's fair to the artists.

I do however, use it for oldies like Cliff Richard (which is very hard to get anywhere), Frankie Laine, Jo Stafford, Vera Lynn and stuff like that.

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't download. I've just hooked a Media Center PC into my home entertainment center and listen to steaming music from Shoutcast or Pandora. I'm just not very portable

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use iTunes, but my sister swears by Limewire. She used to use Kazaa and it filled her computer with spyware, adware and viruses; I've really heard nothing but bad things about Kazaa. I know several people IRL who use Limewire and are very happy with it, but I'm not sure how it works from an ethical perspective -- you don't pay for your music like you do with iTunes.

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

For full CDs I download my music using torrent files with the BitComet program. For single songs I use eMule.
Ditto... Obviously anything I like I pay for

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, a bunch of my friends collectively got together and ripped all their CDs to a private server (that stays OFF line so we aren't pirates) that we use to share our music. If I can't find something there I use Rhapsody. I think I got a free month w/ my MP3 player and they're pretty good. W/out paying you can listen to music clips and purchase songs or albums. W/ a subscription you can get streaming music and only have to buy if you want it portable.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been playing with Pandora.com all day at work and I LOVE it! I get so tired of hearing all of the same songs over and over on radio stations and even online stations. These guys have new music, and play album cuts to the artists that you've indicated you like. I'm definitely hooked!

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've purchased from I-Tunes and have been pleased with it. I also have an account at Rhapsody. With the free account I can listen to 25 songs per month. I've never purchased from Rhapsody. I've also ripped some of my favorite CDs to my computer. I alternate listening to those and to the music I've downloaded.