Haunted eBay?

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just came across their Metaphysical section and found all these postings for haunted stuff (jewelry, lamps, dolls, etc).

Has anyone ever bought anything from one of these postings and if so did it work??

I'm always skeptical of this type of stuff.

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I'm not into that sort of thing but it does sound kinda strange.....

Let us know if you get anything though. I'm interested to hear a response

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

I just came across their Metaphysical section and found all these postings for haunted stuff (jewelry, lamps, dolls, etc).

Has anyone ever bought anything from one of these postings and if so did it work??

I'm always skeptical of this type of stuff.
If it is haunted, why would you want to bring it into your home?

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't think that inantimate objects could be haunted. Maybe a spirit may have held the object as important to them. I certainly wouldn't want a ghost following their most cherished item to my house!

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by abbycats

I didn't think that inantimate objects could be haunted. Maybe a spirit may have held the object as important to them. I certainly wouldn't want a ghost following their most cherished item to my house!
Actually they can. Expecially if they refuse to admit their dead.
My mom bought a civil war bed years ago at an auction. It had been used as a medical bed. She refurbished it. But she kept smelling cigar smoke all the time. She then got sick and had to have an operation. When she came home she was on bed rest. She said she kept seeing him and smelling his smoke. Of course she was on some pretty good meds to.
But I did smell the cigar smoke and no one smoked them in the house.

Spirits really are not something to worry about. But I wouldn't want them in there if they don't belong either. Expecially if they are angry or otherwise disoriented because this can give the house a feeling of being creapy.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay I think that maybe on ebay it was a ploy to get people interested but due to my personall thinking I would not want a spirit that was not in my house to begin with coming in. But mostly because I scare myself too easily I tend to be one of those ones that will watch a scary movie and then spend the rest of the night running to the bathroom and then rushing back under the covers.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've seen a lot of those auctions like, "HAUNTED DOLL FROM 1800'S" or whatever. I doubt they're actually haunted like a poster already said, but you never know. I wouldn't want to buy one although I am interested in the paranormal, I'm too much of a scaredy cat for that type of thing.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SalemWitchChild

Actually they can. Expecially if they refuse to admit their dead.
My mom bought a civil war bed years ago at an auction. It had been used as a medical bed. She refurbished it. But she kept smelling cigar smoke all the time. She then got sick and had to have an operation. When she came home she was on bed rest. She said she kept seeing him and smelling his smoke. Of course she was on some pretty good meds to.
But I did smell the cigar smoke and no one smoked them in the house.

Spirits really are not something to worry about. But I wouldn't want them in there if they don't belong either. Expecially if they are angry or otherwise disoriented because this can give the house a feeling of being creapy.
I believe that the spirit is earth bound and for some reason or another is attached to that item. I think the spirit in your moms bed would be hanging around the bed because it was his death bed and he hasn't excepted his death. I don't think the bed itself is haunted.. The spirit is following the object.

I am open minded to anything... I have had many strange occurances through out my life. I love hearing other peoples input on this!!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Scam. People will put anything on eBay and unfortunately there are buyers for it. Save your money.

If you really want to see spirits, go to Salem and walk 13 times around a church situated in a graveyard at midnight on Friday the 13th. If you don't get spooked by something, chances are there isn't anything to get spooked by.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
While I do believe in the paranormal. I think most of the things like that on ebay are people trying to scam you out of your money.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

hehe, this is a questions for sylvia brown
Sylvia has stated many times that spirits do get very attached to certain objects. The object itself isn't "haunted" but a lingering spirit may follow it.

Originally Posted by ClaireBear

While I do believe in the paranormal. I think most of the things like that on ebay are people trying to scam you out of your money.
This I totally agree with. 100 percent. Most of these items are probably scams.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I figured as much (that they're scams)...i.e. one posting was saying she wanted to "get rid of the doll because the doll hates them". Yet she's selling it for $20 starting bid w/ free shipping.

Hee hee...I was even looking to see if anyone had a haunted house listed on eBay...sure enough there is one, but the seller isn't sure if its haunted.

Anyways, I was just curious to see if anyone had bought something like that (i.e. magical lamp) off from eBay and there was some truth behind it...I've always been skeptical of the stuff.

Oooo!! I've heard so many haunted bed stories it's nuts! People having nightmares on the beds, feeling people climb into bed with them when no one else was in the HOUSE! Creepy....

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by abbycats

I believe that the spirit is earth bound and for some reason or another is attached to that item. I think the spirit in your moms bed would be hanging around the bed because it was his death bed and he hasn't excepted his death. I don't think the bed itself is haunted.. The spirit is following the object.

I am open minded to anything... I have had many strange occurances through out my life. I love hearing other peoples input on this!!!
Which is exactly what we believe abby.

The only thing I've bought off ebay in the metephysical section are supplies such as herbs, oils, and crystals. All the other things I can find elsewhere or do without.