Licking fingers and toes

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The new kitten loves to lick my fingers and toes. Do you think she does this because it reminds her of her mother and she wants milk?

hrp

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You know, we got a new kitten a few weeks ago and she will lick until your skin starts to fall off.

We are greeted every morning with a good licking to the face.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

The new kitten loves to lick my fingers and toes. Do you think she does this because it reminds her of her mother and she wants milk?
I love the feel of a cat's tongue which some people describe as being like sandpaper, the purpose of which is for cleaning. Perhaps your new kitten just wants to help you keep your feet clean! As far as the fingers go, if I handle food and then wash my hands good, Persi can still smell the food on my fingers so licks them, I guess to try and have a little snack. Or perhaps he is just trying real hard to help keep me clean because he thinks I am a dirty old man.
Really, one thing I have noticed is that he does not lick everybody, just those he considers his friends. Just think, it takes a really true friend that would lick your toes.

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tiggy likes to lick my toes and rub his head on my feet. He's the only who likes feet.
The others lick my fingers or arms. I always wonder of they're trying to groom me.

artemis908

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I read "Cats for Dummies" and it said that have you ever noticed how a cat will lick their fur after you've petted them? Well their tongues have their own "fragrance" and they lick themselves to pretty cover up your fragrance lol so I think when a cat licks you, he sort of showing ownership, like "you're mine!".