We are decorating!!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are putting up our Christmas decorations today, so I thought that my friends at TCS would like to join me and my husband it putting up our tree.

We decided on a spot:

DH put up the tree (it's the world's most pathetic Christmas tree it's only three feet tall!)

The houses go around the base:

Just to give you an indication of how spoiled my boys really are. Our stocking are red and green. 8-Bit's is the Hello Kitty. Scratch is getting his today when we go to Target.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im also decorating, im putting my tree up this week, but every german i know is giving me a hard time because i have a plastic tree!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

That looks so sweet!

What is the significance of the houses?
DH family used to put up a whole Christmas Village. They would clean off a big table and pull cotton balls apart (for snow) and set it up. The houses are more his tradition than mine.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alot of people here buy the houses because they kind of look like a village when together and have the snow and such and add that extra touch for Christmas. I want to one day put up my tree and have a little train go around it but I think that would be way too tempting to the kitty.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could you put the houses at a different spot they seem to make the tree look smaller since they are pretty good sized maybe set up a little table for them.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

Could you put the houses at a different spot they seem to make the tree look smaller since they are pretty good sized maybe set up a little table for them.
They do dwarf the tree don't they?
We don't have a whole lot of space so the houses have to stay there. DH loves them with all his heart so he'd be upset if I asked him to move them.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Um well heres an idea try putting them on the floor and getting a little train that is to scale with them and making a little village with them but wait until he is at work and surprise them that is unless you think 8-bit will think that means chase daddy's train time.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

They do dwarf the tree don't they?
I think it looks much more realistic, like the tree is just a really old village tree - there is a really huge tree (it gets decorated for Christmas too) outside of the cathedral in Killarney, it sort of reminds me of that.

I think it's sweet.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And we are done!

We bought more stockings at Target. DH and mine are in the left the boys are on the right. We decided to get bigger ones this year to even it all out.

My favorite decoration!

The tree all done up!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phat Locani

Very nice! Love the leg lamp. Is that a chick body-builder mag or ... not?
Hey Heather, tell your DH nice Playboy.

I think the tree and everything looks great. Love the new stockings. We went Friday looking for one for Anya at Target and didn't see those or we would have gotten them. (PS: Saw Jason Mewes at Target. Figured he'd be a celeb sighting you'd appreciate. You strike me as a Kevin Smith fan?)

I'm going to have to hide this thread from my hubby. When he sees that you have a Christmas Story lamp and we don't, he's gonne drag me to the store. He's been begging for one ever since I've known him.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

Hey Heather, tell your DH nice Playboy.

I think the tree and everything looks great. Love the new stockings. We went Friday looking for one for Anya at Target and didn't see those or we would have gotten them. (PS: Saw Jason Mewes at Target. Figured he'd be a celeb sighting you'd appreciate. You strike me as a Kevin Smith fan?)

I'm going to have to hide this thread from my hubby. When he sees that you have a Christmas Story lamp and we don't, he's gonne drag me to the store. He's been begging for one ever since I've known him.
It's actually mine. I get it for the articles!

That's so cool that you saw Jason Mewes, did you say hi to him?

We got the leg lamp at Suncoast, but I think you can get them online too.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hehe, i like how you hung your stockings up! very cute idea!
/ I thought about you tonight when I was at Garden Ridge- I saw about 5 different Hello Kitty ornaments- i was like "heather would likes those"

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Wow look at all the toys...looks like a 5 year olds place
Uh....except the Playboy mag of course...
DH would like me to note all the toys in our apartment say 13 and over they have small peices that a five year old could choke on; he doesn't want to loose any parts.