This is depressing

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I normally like sewing. It's a hobby I've recently started and I really enjoy challenging myself to do bigger and better things. But my next project is a bit..depressing.

15 yrs ago we had just moved into an old run down house. The yard was a mess. So every weekend the whole family would go outside and work on cleaning up the yard. It had lots of wood scattered in it, weeds as tall as trees (I'm not joking). Anyway, we piled wood at the end of the property to burn. When the day come to lite it we all sat around and watched to make sure it didn't get out of control. Then my mother heard a faint meow. That day we found the prettiest calico kitten. We named her pugsly.

Now 15 yrs later, Pugsly has reached her 10th life.
She can no longer use her back legs. And she also has cancer. So my mother is going to have her put to sleep. She wants me to make a slip cover for Pugsly's casket.
Well she's lived a long life. And a pampered one. So I guess it's time.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your family's impending loss, but what a beautiful thing to know that something you made for her will keep her warm on her way to Rainbow Bridge - something that she can share with all the kitties who were not lucky enough to have their tiny meow answered.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad that you are sharing your talent with others to help the grieving process. When my Grandmother passed her quilting society got together and made a casket cover for her. It really helped them.

Thank you for being so thoughtful!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I am so glad that you are sharing your talent with others to help the grieving process. When my Grandmother passed her quilting society got together and made a casket cover for her. It really helped them.

Thank you for being so thoughtful!
Wish I could say it was my idea but it's not. My mother asked me to do this.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I could understand how difficult that could be to do that- but I think it is very touching and kind that you have such a talent that you can use to comfort others

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so very sorry for your whole family's impending loss. I hope the cover can help you with your grief, as much as you don't want to (never wanted to have to) do it. I love Satai's post - how it will keep Pugsly warm as she crosses and it's comething that she can share with other kitties at the Bridge too. That is such a beautiful thought.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well here it is. It didn't take me long. Maybe 2 hours and I took a few brakes inbetween. The one thing about sewing is that it hurts my back some.

I had Poo Bear model it.

When I was laying it out to figure the dimentions I used Puff to estimate how long Pugsly may be. God I hated doing that because even though Puff is young I hate to think one day I'll be making one for him.

Anyway, here it is.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Although it is for a sad use, you did extremly beautiful work to give such a loved kitty a nice final resting spot.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks.

Well I took it out to mom and while I was there she showed me Pugsly. Pugs use to be really fat. Not anymore. Besides the area on her tummy where the cancer is, she is really skinny. And she cannot walk right anymore. Her left back leg hardly works so she kinda side steps and almost falls down when she takes a step. Mom said she lost weight practically overnight. She just lays there and drinks a lot of water. Mom's not even sure that she will make it to next Friday. But her husband won't pay for the vet to put her down so mom has to wait till next Friday when she gets paid. She's on disability so it's kinda hard for her. They already have the casket made. Their going to decorate it and put padding in the bottom of it. I guess they will bury her on the property.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

A PTS isn't very expensive.

Could you loan the money to your mom til then?
No I'm just as broke right now as she is. She's been asking for money from me and I just really can't. My bank account is negative enough as it is.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SalemWitchChild

No I'm just as broke right now as she is. She's been asking for money from me and I just really can't. My bank account is negative enough as it is.
I'm sorry. Friday just seems a long way away.

Has your mom checked if the vet will accept a post dated cheque? That might be a way for her to do this a little sooner.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

I'm sorry. Friday just seems a long way away.

Has your mom checked if the vet will accept a post dated cheque? That might be a way for her to do this a little sooner.
She doesn't have a checking account. THat's why she kept asking me to. But my account is already negative. I can't afford the fee's to go along with the bouncy check.