Question for those above the Mason Dixon and outside the US

amitya

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My husband cooked breakfast this morning and when i sat down to eat my bacon, egg, and cheese toast sandwich i saw the two jelly jars sitting on the table.

They are BAMA jellies. They have been a staple in many southern households for decades. Their logo is " A Southern Tradition".

So I asked my husband if he thought any "yankees" ( no offense meant at all) had bama jelly out here up there. Is this jelly available overseas or in canada?

Just curious this morning. Anyone care to look on their grocery store shelves this week when they go shopping?

Thanks!
Amity with Beavis and Peanut Butter Toast

trinettec

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Bama brand is available in our local Safeway here in NorthWest New Mexico. How about Hatch green chilies?

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Don't know about Bama jelly in AZ but, can y'all get Santa Cruz chili powder or Arizona Gunslinger salsas?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, I've never checked about the jelly. Next time I'm at the grocery store I'll let you know!

In Ohio we have Cotton Club soda and Sky Line Chili anyone else have that?

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh heck - never hear or seen it, but then we dont have Jelly ( I am correct to say its not got any fruit bits or seeds in ) in Europe - its more of the jams with the fruit still in it. However one Spanish jam & marmalade maker is now doing one with no bits, but its not clear ..........like US jelly
so its still called a jam

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No Bama Jelly around my parts of Massachusetts...but I'm positive I could get it from the internet, if I wanted to.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amitya

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

Oh heck - never hear or seen it, but then we dont have Jelly ( I am correct to say its not got any fruit bits or seeds in ) in Europe - its more of the jams with the fruit still in it. However one Spanish jam & marmalade maker is now doing one with no bits, but its not clear ..........like US jelly
so its still called a jam
well BAMA makes more than just jelly but you are right on your no fruit bits or seeds. They also make jams and a scrumptious orange marmalade.

Bama jelly was one thing that I would have to get my mom to send to me if they didnt have it here in Texas but luckily they have it.

Im just in a weird mood today for some reason.

Thanks for the responses.

As far as the salsas and chilis I havent a clue ill have to write down the names and check our stores. I have my favorite brands and dont pay much attention to other brands too much. Maybe i should?!

Amity

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Never heard of it, but I'd love to know what's in it.

My mom used to make awesome crabapple jelly - I miss it (and her too very much). Also, to me jelly is clear and jams have whole pieces of fruits and seeds in them.

I made peach jam one year and it was sooooo good.