My boss ran away :(

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont know what to do, my boss at the supermarket didnt pay me, ive been working there since september and he hasnt payed me yet.
I called him on tuesday and he told me that the money has been sent out, i went to the bank on friday night to retrieve some money out since i wanted to eat, and i find that my account is on minus.
Now i dont know how to pay for my rent or eat for the next few weeks!

I have been calling him all weekend and he doesnt answer his phone.

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He hasn't paid in the 3 months that you have been working? Thats horrible. Is the boss the owner of the store?If hes not the owner or even if he is. I would go down to the store and either find him or speak to who ever owns the store.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would go to the store too and find him. Threaten legal action, I am not sure about Germany, but pretty much every country I have been to has a Labour board to protect workers' rights and they can help you free of charge to get your pay

I looked it up, and it looks like (my German is poor) you have to contact Betriebsverfassungsrecht for help

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry, this is a tough situation to be in.

I'm sure you're rights are protected, but I don't know where you would go - icklemiss' gave you a good lead - and if they're not it, they probably know who is.

Good luck hon.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a horrible person to do that! You haven't been paid since SEPTEMBER!?
I'd definately threaten some legal action!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i started the job at the end of september, but because i hadnt worked much he told me he would put it to my october bill, he pays his employees on the 15th, except in november on the 15th he went to visit his mother in law in Buldavia(or what ever) and he came back on the 22nd, i called him and he said he has to count up the sums and send them out!

So last week on tuesday i called him and he said he sent out the money on Monday, but i have nothing in my bank account, and my collegue has only a small amount of the money because he made huge mistakes, she told me i have to call his accountant on monday.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Fran, didn't you say it was a Rewe, or similar chain? Contact the head office immediately - you should be able to Google the headquarters' contact info. How about contacting verdi?

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree, if the store is part of a chain of stores find someone that is higher ranking than him and report the problem. I'm sure they'd be glad to clear the problem up right away. Hopefully they'll fire the jerk.

sanctie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no new advice for you hon, but that is just awful. I agree with going above his head, this is unacceptable. If this is a glimpse into what future employment will remain like there, I'd begin looking elsewhere. Best of luck Fran!! *hugs*

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also in whatever state you live in, there are agencies to go to with complaints.

I know that Worker's Compensation helps when you are hurt or injured on the job, but I am not sure if they deal with non-payment of wages.

Your attorney general's office certainly will. You need to let them know what has happened, also so that you can tell whoever wants the rent that you didn't get paid and to contact the attorney generals office.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKiya

Also in whatever state you live in, there are agencies to go to with complaints.

I know that Worker's Compensation helps when you are hurt or injured on the job, but I am not sure if they deal with non-payment of wages.

Your attorney general's office certainly will. You need to let them know what has happened, also so that you can tell whoever wants the rent that you didn't get paid and to contact the attorney generals office.
Fran lives in Frankfurt, Germany. Her best bet is probably contacting the supermarket chain's headquarters, and the services union (ver.di) http://www.verdi.de/.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fran that is not acceptable...I would be totally screwed if that happened to me..You definately have to contact a labour board or something!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right! he sent me an sms this morning telling me that we will meet tomorrow, to sort out how much i will be getting payed. I was like :censor::censor::censor:? he sent this at 7 am.

Please send some vibes that he will pay me properly, else im screwed

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Fran I hope this gets sorted for you soon. Can you work out exactly how much you are owed so you know he will not cheat you?

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

Oh Fran I hope this gets sorted for you soon. Can you work out exactly how much you are owed so you know he will not cheat you?
I have worked out that he owes me more than 400 euros

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

Right! he sent me an sms this morning telling me that we will meet tomorrow, to sort out how much i will be getting payed. I was like :censor::censor::censor:? he sent this at 7 am.

Please send some vibes that he will pay me properly, else im screwed
Good vibes hon.