Anya blames the snowman.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As several of you know, Anya was spayed yesterday and we picked her up from the vet this morning. She was being really adorable sleeping on the arm of the couch and I was t-h-i-s close to taking her picture when Brian made a noise behind me and woke her up. That angry glare is directed at him...

Here she is investigating new Christmas decor.

Then she discovers the snowman. "Maybe he's the one that shaved my belly!"

(You have to admit though, that spotted shaved belly is pretty adorable.)

And a final tree shot. Can you spot the kitty?

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You are so lucky that she will let you have a tree. I know better with Simba, there is NO WAY I can have a tree.

Is that real popcorn strung around your tree?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

You are so lucky that she will let you have a tree. I know better with Simba, there is NO WAY I can have a tree.

Is that real popcorn strung around your tree?
It is real popcorn. Family tradition to sit around and string popcorn while watching cheesy Chistmas movies.

When I first put up the tree she tried to eat it and kept chewing on the branches, but I spritzed everything within kitty reach with bitter apple spray. Now she just sits underneath and stares and bats at the occasional ornament.

big-cat-fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh!!! I am SO in love with that little spotted belly!! Do me a HUGE favor and rub it for me, please!!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, I just LOVE her little spotted belly!

I'd love to have popcorn on my tree.... but I'd probly get hungry one night and start eating it off the tree
Who has to worry about the cats, I'm more worried about myself!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
What a precious little belly!
I was amazed when Abby was shaved to see the stripes on her belly. I never knew it was like that

big-cat-fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

When I first put up the tree she tried to eat it and kept chewing on the branches, but I spritzed everything within kitty reach with bitter apple spray. Now she just sits underneath and stares and bats at the occasional ornament.
Do you mind telling me where you got this "Bitter Apple Spray"? I want my tree up so bad this year!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Her little belly is soo cute! And you can bairly see the incision site at all
/ hehe, she looks soo cute hiding in the christmas tree

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Big-Cat-Fan

Do you mind telling me where you got this "Bitter Apple Spray"? I want my tree up so bad this year!!!
Petco, PetSmart, SuperPetz, Hollywood Pet Star- all of those sell it
Sometimes Wal-mart does too, and you can always shop around online for some as well

big-cat-fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Petco, PetSmart, SuperPetz, Hollywood Pet Star- all of those sell it
Sometimes Wal-mart does too, and you can always shop around online for some as well
Awesome!!! Christmas Tree.... here I come....

Thank you!!!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

Maybe I should try that bitter apple spray. Maybe I could actually end up having a tree.
Bitter apple did not work for me; my cat at the time had the tree on its side the first night. However, the years that I did NOT put that shiny tinsel on the trees, the cats did not seem to be all that interested, well they still knocked it over but they were not as obsessed with the tree without the tinsel (icicles). Also there was the tracking issue of the tinsel sticking to their claws and finding tinsel throughout the house weeks after Christmas was over!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, the bitter apple is more for cats who are tree chewers, which was Anya's problem. If your cat is a tree climber, I don't know if it will help.

Anya knows what the bitter apple bottle looks like though and if she gets in the tree branches I just pick it up and shake it. She knows I'm about to put another yucky tasting coating on it and runs!

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I used to put a tree up, when had my Rainbow Bridge boy Snoopy, my other Rainbow Bridge Boy, Stanley, and Shane. Once Simba the Zulu Warrior joined the family, I could no longer put up a tree, or ANY type of decoration. I don't know how Angel or SunLee would be with a tree. Knowing Angel's a Bengal, even though she's a very laid back Bengal, I still think she'd get into it, and I think SunLee would as well. But, I think I'm going to give it a try this year.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Hope.