Laser Pointer: The Best Cat Toy Ever!

canaws

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just bought a laser pointer for my cat, because she's been bored with her usual toys. Wow! I love it.
My cat is indoors only, but she loves to chase stuff. I've been too tired to throw and fetch for a mice for long periods of time and all her balls keep disappearing. She's been chasing this thing like crazy though. It's great!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by canaws

I just bought a laser pointer for my cat, because she's been bored with her usual toys. Wow! I love it.
My cat is indoors only, but she loves to chase stuff. I've been too tired to throw and fetch for a mice for long periods of time and all her balls keep disappearing. She's been chasing this thing like crazy though. It's great!
Please make sure it never gets shined directly into his eyes as it can cause blindness.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

canaws

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the warning.

ryrymini

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow, when I first clicked on this thread I accidentally read it as "Laser Printer" I'm like..uhhh? Haha.

I've seen a video on YouTube of a cat playing with one, and it tried to climb up the wall, but it looks like it had a rough landing -- so careful of that!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

canaws

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RyRyMini

Wow, when I first clicked on this thread I accidentally read it as "Laser Printer" I'm like..uhhh? Haha.

I've seen a video on YouTube of a cat playing with one, and it tried to climb up the wall, but it looks like it had a rough landing -- so careful of that!
Laser printer? Well, my cat does like to bite paper.

I've been keeping it on the ground, near the baseboards, and on the couch, so hopefully I won't be having any problem with my cat trying to climb the walls.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got one recently too! Emily pretty much ignores it but Chessy loves it!!!

forget-me-not

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Be careful though - my kitty loves it tooooo much. Seriously, I think she is addicted. When I come home from work, after I pet her and make sure all is well, she trails after me while I am trying to get changed and situated whining and crying for playtime. Fine, I toss a few toys, uh, no. Ok, I get the feather wand - uh, meh. Can't be bothered. If I sit down at the computer or on the couch she literally climbs my leg crying until I get the laser.

I have to restrict the play with it a bit since she will race from one end of the apartment to the other until she literally can't breathe. That scared me. Now I am much more gentle in where I point it so she can try to catch it in a limited area and take time outs so she can rest a little. Boy, does she hate it when I stop for awhile.

It is good exercise and stimulating for the cat. But be wise when using it. The good thing is that after a session my baby usually cuddles up for a snooze and I get some peace!

felicia's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jenny82

I got one recently too! Emily pretty much ignores it but Chessy loves it!!!
It was that way with me too. Felicia loved the Laser, and Beau didn't even notice it.