I am the yard sale QUEEN!!!!!!!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, so today I went to the flea market and a TON of yard sales...I got a TON of stuff for almost NOTHING!
I got:
A full sized drum set and a toy box = $15
A Toolbox = $5
A Marshmellow gun = $4
An Electronic dartboard = $2
A blacklight = $3
Drumsticks = $3
Speakers and speakerbox for DH = $5
A stereo cd player = $2
A pogostick = $3
Operation Game = $.50
A game set (with like 10 different games in it) = $.50
Everything was BRAND NEW! STILL IN THE BOXES!
All for a whopping $41....
But the best thing yet, and you're not gonna believe this... a loveseat and chair... for. *drumroll*............$5!!!!!!!!!!!

I am the yard sale QUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN!!!!!!!

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Get out! Can't believe anyone would haul the chair and loveseat a foot for just $5!!! Now that I know how easy it is to recover chairs/sofas, I'm amazed that so many people toss them out.

You did great! Happy Holiday!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! You did great! That's a pretty nice looking love seat and chair.

My Mom used to do upholstering and I watched her recover all kinds of furniture, and it's not that easy to do.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not that you would need this or have any problems but perhaps others do, and that is finding pee, exactly where it is in the carpet, and it can easily be found with a black light with all other lights off. This is very helpful when you know your cat has peed somewhere because of the smell but you cannot see it. The black light will make it look crystalized.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi

Not that you would need this or have any problems but perhaps others do, and that is finding pee, exactly where it is in the carpet, and it can easily be found with a black light with all other lights off. This is very helpful when you know your cat has peed somewhere because of the smell but you cannot see it. The black light will make it look crystalized.
Blood and semen will show up under ultraviolet light, too. Did anyone else see that special about hotel rooms? Yuck.

Wow, what great finds! I love bargains like that too.

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You got some really good deals-the ones I go to end up having "used" candles for sale!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom has been taking me to yard sales since I was a kid. Alot of time people either just want to get rid of it or they don't know what they have...which is to my advantage!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Man, can I get you to go yard-saling for me or with me at least? I get bored so fast I quit early!

sanctie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Man, can I get you to go yard-saling for me or with me at least? I get bored so fast I quit early!
Yeah that. Lol. I'm also with Gail, I end up finding the ones that have used candles and socks and stuff, lol.

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WOot...get out. that is so awesome!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE yard sales! My mom has taken me with her to them since I can remember. Some do end up just junk, but then some you find little treasures (or big ones) if you look close enough.