TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Will my husband need worming?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Will my husband need worming?

post #1 of 27
Thread Starter 
Sorry I know this is a pretty bizarre thing, and I've put it in the Cat Lounge because it's not strictly about the cat.

I'm not quite sure how to put this, but my husband Nate was cuddling Radar, and I looked round and saw that Nate was grooming Radar's back - with his tongue. I'm not sure whether to be amused, shocked, or disgusted

So I was wondering if he could have picked up anything nasty, and if next time I worm Radar I should worm Nate also.

Honestly I don't know what to do with either of them, if it's not one of them it's the other, it's like having a house full of toddlers. He has promised me he won't do it again.
post #2 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epona View Post
Sorry I know this is a pretty bizarre thing, and I've put it in the Cat Lounge because it's not strictly about the cat.

I'm not quite sure how to put this, but my husband Nate was cuddling Radar, and I looked round and saw that Nate was grooming Radar's back - with his tongue. I'm not sure whether to be amused, shocked, or disgusted

So I was wondering if he could have picked up anything nasty, and if next time I worm Radar I should worm Nate also.

Honestly I don't know what to do with either of them, if it's not one of them it's the other, it's like having a house full of toddlers. He has promised me he won't do it again.


I really don't know what to say
post #3 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256 View Post

I really don't know what to say
Oh I did, and I can't repeat it here
post #4 of 27
he licked the cat???? .....(i'm sure he will be ok- i'd recommend just calling his normal physician and asking about that if you're concerned. I'm sure he'll be just fine though and won't need to be "dewormed" )
post #5 of 27
He shouldn't... if Nate starts to loose weight at a rapid pace, has diarrhea for more than three days in a row, or has a high fever take him to the doctor and explain what happened. The three things I mentioned are signs of intestinal parasites, and can be quite dangerous if left untreated. Besides that I'd shake a can of pennies next to Nate's head every time he tries to lick Radar. That should break the behavioral pattern.
post #6 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingglass View Post
Besides that I'd shake a can of pennies next to Nate's head every time he tries to lick Radar. That should break the behavioral pattern.


I'm sorry, thats just too funny!
post #7 of 27
Can't tell if you are really concerned but that's funny. Men are often more ... demonstrative ... in certain ways than us gentler creatures. I think it's rare that humans catch stuff from animals, even when licking them.
post #8 of 27
You may want to give him a dose of hairball medicine
post #9 of 27


I'd be on the look out for hair balls, lol

I wouldn't worry about it, unless he was grooming his backside
post #10 of 27
Gosh....if my husband did that....he's be drinking a cup of lysterine!
post #11 of 27
My sister gave my old cat Sweetie Pie a bath with her tongue when we were younger. She though Sweetie had to much to clean.
post #12 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca View Post


I'd be on the look out for hair balls, lol

I wouldn't worry about it, unless he was grooming his backside
Nope, no hairballs
It was only his back- I washed my mouth out with beer afterwards (I rarely drink and I wasn't drunk when I did it). I was just fooling around
I feel fine this morning as I didn't really consider hygiene at the time- my main concern would be Radar picking up bacteria from me, but he is also bouncing around this morning

btw I simply adore that catgirl smiley Natalie
post #13 of 27
Thread Starter 
I wasn't really concerned - after all I give the cat great big kisses on his head and nose all the time, and he's constantly licking my face (Radar that is, not Nate ) - I was just a little bit shocked and amused to see him licking the cat.

I always say to him that the best way to form a bond with a pet is to watch its behaviour, learn its moods, and try to 'speak' to it in its own language as much as possible - and that's just what he was doing, if a little too literally, Radar was loving it
post #14 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epona View Post
Sorry I know this is a pretty bizarre thing, and I've put it in the Cat Lounge because it's not strictly about the cat.

I'm not quite sure how to put this, but my husband Nate was cuddling Radar, and I looked round and saw that Nate was grooming Radar's back - with his tongue. I'm not sure whether to be amused, shocked, or disgusted

So I was wondering if he could have picked up anything nasty, and if next time I worm Radar I should worm Nate also.

Honestly I don't know what to do with either of them, if it's not one of them it's the other, it's like having a house full of toddlers. He has promised me he won't do it again.

Thanks for the laugh this morning. Oh gosh - did this crack me up.
This is why I only have cats as pets.....I tried having a man as a pet once, but found they were a very difficult breed to keep and to understand. I finally gave up and sadly I had to surrender my man.
post #15 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisasha3 View Post

Thanks for the laugh this morning. Oh gosh - did this crack me up.
This is why I only have cats as pets.....I tried having a man as a pet once, but found they were a very difficult breed to keep and to understand. I finally gave up and sadly I had to surrender my man.
Me, too!
post #16 of 27
Well, if Nate does need worming remember to shove the pill to the back of his throat, hold his mouth firmly, and stroke his throat until he swallows.

post #17 of 27
My ex used to lick Zissou's head when she was a kitten. She'd purr and purr and purr. I guess she liked it... It's gross, but not that gross. I know where she's been, and it's not outside. An outside cat I'd be much more concerned about.

They wash each other, right? And they wash us. Maybe all our cats are mad at us for our total faux pas in refusing to return the favor, and Nate's doing it right. Sorry, Zissou.... not gonna happen
post #18 of 27
I don't understand, why would he do that? That is really gross...did you ask him what the heck he was doing?
post #19 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epona View Post
he's constantly licking my face (Radar that is, not Nate )
DH (also Nate) licks my face sometimes.....
post #20 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentNate View Post
Nope, no hairballs
It was only his back- I washed my mouth out with beer afterwards (I rarely drink and I wasn't drunk when I did it). I was just fooling around
I feel fine this morning as I didn't really consider hygiene at the time- my main concern would be Radar picking up bacteria from me, but he is also bouncing around this morning

btw I simply adore that catgirl smiley Natalie
Don't let them make you feel bad. I groom my cats all the time.
post #21 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouts mom View Post
I don't understand, why would he do that? That is really gross...did you ask him what the heck he was doing?
Cause it's a bonding experience. My cats love it, I love it. It's not that gross, considering that their tongues are probably their dirtiest bit, and they lick me.
post #22 of 27
I will kiss and nuzzle kitties, but not lick their fur. Besides the fact that yes, I find it a little gross, the human tongue is not equipped with the proper configuration to clean fur. So it's not very effective, either.
post #23 of 27
I, for one, believe that most people's cats are cleaner than most humans I know. Yes, I include myself in that appraisal. Excue me folks, I need to go take a shower.
post #24 of 27
He might need a flea treatment too-you might have to recalulate dosage due to size though!!
post #25 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satai View Post
Don't let them make you feel bad. I groom my cats all the time.
I do too! I love it and so do they!
post #26 of 27
I have had cats, who have learned some HUMAN behaviors. Whenever I get near Buddy, he reaches out a paw, to pet me and I have had other cats, who have petted me.

Opie learned to use the toilet, by watching humans.
post #27 of 27
I have enough problems keeping the cat hair out of my mouth as it is. The idea of actually giving them a lick is more that I can handle.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Will my husband need worming?