Will my husband need worming?

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry I know this is a pretty bizarre thing, and I've put it in the Cat Lounge because it's not strictly about the cat.

I'm not quite sure how to put this, but my husband Nate was cuddling Radar, and I looked round and saw that Nate was grooming Radar's back - with his tongue.
I'm not sure whether to be amused, shocked, or disgusted

So I was wondering if he could have picked up anything nasty, and if next time I worm Radar I should worm Nate also.

Honestly I don't know what to do with either of them, if it's not one of them it's the other, it's like having a house full of toddlers. He has promised me he won't do it again.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

Sorry I know this is a pretty bizarre thing, and I've put it in the Cat Lounge because it's not strictly about the cat.

I'm not quite sure how to put this, but my husband Nate was cuddling Radar, and I looked round and saw that Nate was grooming Radar's back - with his tongue.

So I was wondering if he could have picked up anything nasty, and if next time I worm Radar I should worm Nate also.

Honestly I don't know what to do with either of them, if it's not one of them it's the other, it's like having a house full of toddlers. He has promised me he won't do it again.

I really don't know what to say

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

I really don't know what to say
Oh I did, and I can't repeat it here

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
he licked the cat????
.....(i'm sure he will be ok- i'd recommend just calling his normal physician and asking about that if you're concerned. I'm sure he'll be just fine though and won't need to be "dewormed"
)

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He shouldn't... if Nate starts to loose weight at a rapid pace, has diarrhea for more than three days in a row, or has a high fever take him to the doctor and explain what happened. The three things I mentioned are signs of intestinal parasites, and can be quite dangerous if left untreated. Besides that I'd shake a can of pennies next to Nate's head every time he tries to lick Radar. That should break the behavioral pattern.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

Besides that I'd shake a can of pennies next to Nate's head every time he tries to lick Radar. That should break the behavioral pattern.

I'm sorry, thats just too funny!

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Can't tell if you are really concerned but that's funny.
Men are often more ... demonstrative ... in certain ways than us gentler creatures.
I think it's rare that humans catch stuff from animals, even when licking them.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister gave my old cat Sweetie Pie a bath with her tongue when we were younger. She though Sweetie had to much to clean.

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I'd be on the look out for hair balls, lol

I wouldn't worry about it, unless he was grooming his backside
Nope, no hairballs

It was only his back- I washed my mouth out with beer afterwards (I rarely drink and I wasn't drunk when I did it). I was just fooling around

I feel fine this morning as I didn't really consider hygiene at the time- my main concern would be Radar picking up bacteria from me, but he is also bouncing around this morning

btw I simply adore that catgirl smiley Natalie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wasn't really concerned
- after all I give the cat great big kisses on his head and nose all the time, and he's constantly licking my face (Radar that is, not Nate
) - I was just a little bit shocked and amused to see him licking the cat.

I always say to him that the best way to form a bond with a pet is to watch its behaviour, learn its moods, and try to 'speak' to it in its own language as much as possible - and that's just what he was doing, if a little too literally, Radar was loving it

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

Thanks for the laugh this morning. Oh gosh - did this crack me up.
This is why I only have cats as pets.....I tried having a man as a pet once, but found they were a very difficult breed to keep and to understand. I finally gave up and sadly I had to surrender my man.

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lisasha3

Thanks for the laugh this morning. Oh gosh - did this crack me up.
This is why I only have cats as pets.....I tried having a man as a pet once, but found they were a very difficult breed to keep and to understand. I finally gave up and sadly I had to surrender my man.
Me, too!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, if Nate does need worming remember to shove the pill to the back of his throat, hold his mouth firmly, and stroke his throat until he swallows.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My ex used to lick Zissou's head when she was a kitten. She'd purr and purr and purr. I guess she liked it... It's gross, but not that gross. I know where she's been, and it's not outside. An outside cat I'd be much more concerned about.

They wash each other, right? And they wash us. Maybe all our cats are mad at us for our total faux pas in refusing to return the favor, and Nate's doing it right.
Sorry, Zissou.... not gonna happen

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't understand, why would he do that? That is really gross...did you ask him what the heck he was doing?

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silentNate

Nope, no hairballs

It was only his back- I washed my mouth out with beer afterwards (I rarely drink and I wasn't drunk when I did it). I was just fooling around

I feel fine this morning as I didn't really consider hygiene at the time- my main concern would be Radar picking up bacteria from me, but he is also bouncing around this morning

btw I simply adore that catgirl smiley Natalie
Don't let them make you feel bad. I groom my cats all the time.