When i grow up I want to be a....

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So what did you want to be when you grew up and why? And on the same note, what do you want to be when you grow up now that you are a grown-up?

Here are my answers:
  1. A lunch lady, why?, so I could use the little plastic knife to cut my own meat! (This was in first and second grade.)
  2. A QVC hostess! My Grandmother always had QVC on and I am following in her footsteps even now. I loved watching it! Especially the jewelry shows!
  3. A doctor, so I could be the mean one to give shots!
Now that I'm a grownup, I want to be a kid!

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All Ive ever wanted to be was a Vet. My whole life. But Id have to do alot of work. I never graduated high school (ran off with Stan
) and now with the baby. I think my goal is very far away.

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wantd to be a fly-dancer for InLiving Color (anyone remeber that show?)
(i was like 5 you guys lol)
then I wanted to be an artist and then a meterologist and then...work for the police department..and Now more than anything I want to be a mother. I think in life thats what I will be best at!

boy i sure jumped around alot lol!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wanted to be a Vet and then when I would watch Nascar with my Grandpa, I wanted to be in the Pit Crew for Dale Ernhardt
... then a CEO of a big company, or bigger! (think Donald Trump
) and then an interior designer!

Now that I'm a 'big girl', I want to do something... but I don't know what. Someday I'll figure that out, I hope!

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wanted to be an archeaologist like indiana jones. Although now I can't even spell archeaology. Go figure, lol!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wanted to be a lawyer and wear a 'funny wig', I also wanted to be a mad scientist and blew my bedroom up with a home chemistry set

Now I have no idea what I want to do

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EricaNicole

I wantd to be a fly-dancer for InLiving Color (anyone remeber that show?)
(i was like 5 you guys lol)
then I wanted to be an artist and then a meterologist and then...work for the police department..and Now more than anything I want to be a mother. I think in life thats what I will be best at!

boy i sure jumped around alot lol!
I wanted to be a "Fly Girl" too

lovinmom828

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
All I wanted to be when i was growing up was a photographer but now that i am grown and have married and have 2 little kids I am happy being a mommy and just snaping them pics of there adorable faces and watching them grow. Now I am a full time stay at home mom and do a little ad and sign making on the side from home. And wouldn't change a thing about where i am in life.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wanted to be

a lawyer (we did lots of mock trials and I always kicked serious butt)

a fiction writer (actually had a vaguely decent novel half finished in middle school... abandoned, of course)

but most of all, to live off the grid in a commune. That one has been with me as long as I can remember.

I'm pretty happy with what I've chosen though.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wanted to be a vet, a children's book author, Minnie Mouse, and an artist.

Now that I'm an adult, I want to be....not unemployed for starters?
Life after graduation is starting to look very scary indeed!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always wanted to be a vet/zoologist.

- i would definitely persue that here, but there are absolutely no good fields for that here in Memphis (and moving's not an option)....so that's why i'm going into dentistry instead. But the good things is, i can still volunteer & foster around animals, so that kinda takes care of those cravings to be a vet

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Oh no you did not!?!
2 days after I got it, I complained because they got me the junior kit (them not wanting me to blow up stuff) and decided it would be more fun to mix the chemicals with bleach etc, I made a lot of greeny blue smoke and a few burn marks, needed new rugs and duvet set etc... I ruined the chances of my sisters getting one after that too

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I always wanted to be a teacher since I was in kindergarten, then as I got older I realized they didn't make much money.... and I don't like children
then I wanted to be an environmental engineer, but I don't like math all that much
and then I finally decided on being a psychologist after going through some counseling of my own, however going to school for 10 years didn't really appeal to me
The job I have now kinda dropped out of the sky and I like it, but I am going to go back to school, my company has tuition reimbursement, and so by the time I retire I hope to have a masters in Industrial psychology and want to be a high school guidance counselor
a combination of my original goal and my last one.... but with summers off