Takoda and the family!

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The introductions between Takoda and my crew of nine has been relatively pain free. I have plenty of Feliway plugg-ins around the house and I have used vanilla on everyone every few days.

I know the real break through will come when Max gives him a bath. That almost happened last night. So it will be any day!

Here is a few pictures of them together!

Tag you're it!

Simon wanted me to post his glamour shot for the day. He spent the day at the salon!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eva, it looks like everyone is getting along so great!

And Simon...
You look so manly!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Mia is getting HUGE! Takoda looks to be getting along very well!

Poor, poor Simon
Are the others laughing at him?

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They look like they are really getting along. How long has it taken them? I really need to get some feliway and vanilla. I havnt tried to introduse the cats since Lilys attack on Nazumi.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Mia is getting HUGE! Takoda looks to be getting along very well!

Poor, poor Simon
Are the others laughing at him?
Mia is beginning to become a butterball. I'm going to have to keep an eye on her weight!

Simon loves his shave! But to answer your question oh I think everyone just rolls on the floor with laughter! Simon has such a big ego he can handle it!

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4crazycats

They look like they are really getting along. How long has it taken them? I really need to get some feliway and vanilla. I havnt tried to introduse the cats since Lilys attack on Nazumi.
We have been home 6 days. I didn't start introducing though until Tuesday evening. I wasn't going to do it even then but my cats had other ideas when it comes to me being behind a closed door and they are on the other side.

I cannot stress enough that I am very fortunate to have such a laid back group of cats. I know from reading everything here it doesn't happen this way!

I honestly think IMO that the Feliway and the vanilla only made it easier for me to introduce Takoda. I believe that it was my cats and their easy nature to handle newbies that allowed such an easy intro.

I don't encourage anyone to introduce the way I have. Do it exactly like it is advised. Slowly over time, use doors, gates and take all the time to make this the smoothest transition for your cats.

I know how my crew is going to react. I know who is going to take longer and who is going to ignore me for a week. I knew Sampson was going to be the first to check out Takoda, I know that Mocha is going to pout for a week. Pooh and Tigger are going to see Takoda as another friend to play chase with and that is exactly how it happened. Mia was my only concern because she was the youngest. She and Takoda actually bonded better than I thought. I also know the Max is the alpha cat and when he gets Takoda down and gives him a full bath than I can truly breathe easy.

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by silentNate

I can understand why Simon was shaved but can't help feeling sorry for him

Takoda is really cute :swoons:
Oh please don't feel sorry for him! He actually loves when he is shaved!

He has/had such issues with being brushed and petting would only get your fingers tangled in his hair and he would stress over being touched. We couldn't even pet him without him getting so upset at the thought of
being touched.

Our vet recommended giving grooming a try to see how he handles being shaved. He handled it like a pro and I was able to hold my cat for the first time without him freak-in out. He loves to be rubbed and touched. He will even curl up in my lap for a cuddle session.

He lets me know when it's time for a visit to the groomers because he begins to pull away and draw back. He normally goes 3 times a year.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow it really seems to have gone well with the introductions. Simon looks gorgeous! Let us know when he gives Takoda the lick down.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by snosrap5

Simon wanted me to post his glamour shot for the day. He spent the day at the salon!
poor simon! lol, that expression is priceless

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by snosrap5

Oh please don't feel sorry for him! He actually loves when he is shaved!

He has/had such issues with being brushed and petting would only get your fingers tangled in his hair and he would stress over being touched. We couldn't even pet him without him getting so upset at the thought of
being touched.

Our vet recommended giving grooming a try to see how he handles being shaved. He handled it like a pro and I was able to hold my cat for the first time without him freak-in out. He loves to be rubbed and touched. He will even curl up in my lap for a cuddle session.

He lets me know when it's time for a visit to the groomers because he begins to pull away and draw back. He normally goes 3 times a year.
Ahhh... I didn't realise Simon had such an issue... Radar's stomach is just growing back from his operation and the skin is as soft as velvet

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Simon looks very distinguished, like a lion. His mane looks a little crooked though...

Takoda seems to be fitting in like a well worn glove. That's great news Eva!

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started noticing when people post pictures of their Bengals, that they all seem to have long, powerful looking legs...I take it that this is a trait of the breed?

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skippymjp

I started noticing when people post pictures of their Bengals, that they all seem to have long, powerful looking legs...I take it that this is a trait of the breed?
Mike, I would have to ask Nial but I would assume the answer is yes. When we were visiting Kai Bengals Nial's cattery we noticed when his cats jumped they did it from any position. They made it look effortless. It seemed that their back legs were muscles with springs attached. My boys were very impressed with their ability to jump.