Nasty Weather

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well it's been freezing rain for 6 hours befor that it snowed for 2 hours and I am still sitting at work. I only live 3 minutes away so it might take me an hour to get home tonight.
There are icicles on the valance outside that snap off in the wind and hit the window. The wind is pushing the freezing rain at you diagonaly in gusts up to 70 km/hr. Downright not nice out here!!

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Brrrr! I'll stop complaining about our overnight freeze/storm/sleet/snow that turned into a sunny 40F today.
Be careful out there!!!

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here in Milwaukee, Wisconsin we got a ton of snow dumped on us today. I still made it to work. Everyone was leaving early & I just kept saying I'm staying till 4 because the later I stay the better the roads will be.

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

Here in Milwaukee, Wisconsin we got a ton of snow dumped on us today. I still made it to work. Everyone was leaving early & I just kept saying I'm staying till 4 because the later I stay the better the roads will be.
Im with ya!
I live in Milwaukee as well. We got a foot of snow! YIKES!! The roads were not to bad this afternoon, but I was still very very cautious.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yikes! We're having nasty wind and DH is currently on his way home from work and of course right now the line of very heavy rain is passing over us. It's coming in spurts, but it's basically coming in sheets when it does. It's very loud inside my house. (metal roof) I'll be happy when DH is home...at least it's not cold here...actually it was 74 or 76 here today. And I wasn't complaining! Mackenzie can have all the snow she wants! I want not a flake!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it's finally clearing up but the temperature drooped significantly. so now everything is freezing *yay* hopefully it will be nicer tomorrow.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh! Sorry to hear that!

It was rather nice here today. Not above freezing but near there. We still have snow from the storm we got earlier this week and they are still cleaning streets, but I only wore my spring jacket because I was only going car to door and not walking far. I didn't even feel the cold.

I can't say that I'm not missing the cold though! It's nice to not be in a deep freeze at this time of year. There have been years where we've had 3 and 4 weeks of unrelenting antarctic-like cold...and at times the antarctic had been reported as being warmer, LOL

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was crazy here too! I went to bed with no snow and got a rude awakening at 6 am from my manager calling me to see if I could go in and open the store because she was still doing her paper route in Dubuque and couldn't get back from her house in Moline to Clinton. I was so tired and DH was not a happy camper. I thought it was only two inches of snow but it turned out to be I'd say 7 at least. But the roads are clear and hopefully my brake lines will thaw and I won't get into an accident. I was not enjoying coming home and not having full use of my brakes let me tell you. I'm OVER the snow and it just started. How many days until spring??

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Geesh! Speaking of bad weather- i just went outside with Fosters a minute ago and went over to see what he was playing with and then I noticed it was shingles!
apparently we lost a few when it stormed here last night...that's just super

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like this ice age weather Canada's been having lately. We had a blizzard this morning.