why does my cat do this

nic247306

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all, i have a pregnant stray that i have been caring for and for the last week or so she will lay on my bed on her stomach and push herself around via her back legs and roll around to move about ..while purring why does she do this??

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nic247306

Hi all, i have a pregnant stray that i have been caring for and for the last week or so she will lay on my bed on her stomach and push herself around via her back legs and roll around to move about ..while purring why does she do this??
Are you sure she's pregnant? When Annie Rose was in heat she would do that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nic247306

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
oh boy i hope so ..i thought the same thing she would cry moan and stick her but in the air ....BUT I CAN SWEAR I FEEL THE BABIES or at least i think so .. i felt like little pulses but her belly is hard now so im second guessing myself

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nic247306

Please take her to the vet to looked at, she could be in heat and have a heavy worm burden (gross, I know, but not that unlikely, and easy to fix).

If she is pregnant you can get that confirmed and a date estimated.

Edited to add, all of my cats like to do that on carpet, but without the moaning and other heat signs.

crystal211

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yup, I second that she sounds like she's in heat. We took Jazmine off the streets and the vet told us she thought she was pregnant, but we couldn't afford an ultrasound (poor college students at that point). A week or so later she went into heat.