She Left Peanuts!

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm annoyed because Sarah just took off for home and left Peanuts.
As she was packing and getting her stuff together I kept telling her dont forget Peanuts stuff. (he came with tons of stuff). She kept saying I'll get them later. I was in Johns room talking to him. And she comes in gives him and kiss hugs me and says I'm off bye. So we said bye and continued our onversation. About 30 minutes later I came out and see Peanuts curled up sleeping on the couch.
She wont answer her cell phone. And I dont know what to do with him. John said maybe she'll come back for him later. But I think shes ditching him already.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG - didn't she spend a bunch of money for him?

I'm sorry, but I have to ask, is she mentally ill in some way?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

OMG - didn't she spend a bunch of money for him?

I'm sorry, but I have to ask, is she mentally ill in some way?
Yep she spent 500 on him. I think that she realized that his med bills would be HUGE. Because he needs his teeth cleaned badly, Im almost positive he has some underlying health problem and he has some type of lump on his wee wee. I told her that he was not going to be a cheap dog. But I didnt think she would dump him before he even got a chance to go to the vets.

I dont think she has anything wrong with her mentally. She just is young and imature.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hopefully she will come back for him or find another home for him.That is, if you all aren't going to take him in.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
IMO, I think Susie & her hammer need to have a talk with this girl!

I hope that you didn't get poor Peanuts dumped on you....but either way, give hima kiss for me, will ya? Poor guy....I can't imagine being sold & living somewhere else at 12 doggies years of age.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

Hopefully she will come back for him or find another home for him.That is, if you all aren't going to take him in.
I would love to keep him but I really dont think that my home is right for him. He needs someplace much quiter. I mean John and I arnt really loud but if we yell at each other from other rooms (so we can hear each other) he starts shaking. He's scared of Jada and Buddy. He does do ok with the cats though. Bud and Jay are just to big for him to handle and they are young and bouncy still. Jada is a beagle mix so she is also loud. Buddy is also a talker.
And I dont think he would be a good idea to have in the same house as Lava Girl. If she doesnt come back for him and he calms down and gets used to the noise here I might keep him if he does well with my nieces.
Originally Posted by white cat lover

IMO, I think Susie & her hammer need to have a talk with this girl!

I hope that you didn't get poor Peanuts dumped on you....but either way, give hima kiss for me, will ya? Poor guy....I can't imagine being sold & living somewhere else at 12 doggies years of age.
I just gave him a kiss and told him it was from you. Then he gave me kisses back. So I guess he wants me to send those kisses to you.
I cant imagine how anyone could just toss their dog out that theyve had that long. I couldnt imagine doing that to any of my babies.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4crazycats

I would love to keep him but I really dont think that my home is right for him. He needs someplace much quiter. I mean John and I arnt really loud but if we yell at each other from other rooms (so we can hear each other) he starts shaking. He's scared of Jada and Buddy. He does do ok with the cats though. Bud and Jay are just to big for him to handle and they are young and bouncy still. Jada is a beagle mix so she is also loud. Buddy is also a talker.
And I dont think he would be a good idea to have in the same house as Lava Girl. If she doesnt come back for him and he calms down and gets used to the noise here I might keep him if he does well with my nieces.

I just gave him a kiss and told him it was from you. Then he gave me kisses back. So I guess he wants me to send those kisses to you.
I cant imagine how anyone could just toss their dog out that theyve had that long. I couldnt imagine doing that to any of my babies.
Ahhh...but thats the difference! You genuinely care about all aspects of the well-being of your babies.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess i'm wierd but to me that would be like leaving my baby somewhere. (I don't have one but still) When an animal trusts you and is part of your life... just to ditch them and not even answer the phone.

There is somthing seriously wrong with your friend. Peanut in that case is better off without her and hopefully will find a good loving and caring home soon.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is really really wrong on her part!!! Maybe you could find a good new home for him with someone without kids and maybe a cat or two! I know it shouldn't be put onto you to rehome him but with her being so immature and thoughtless of his feelings and respecing your guys home, it may be much better for him if it's you helping him out!

Good luck!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You may have to give her an ultimatum that she has to get Peanuts (give her a week maybe) and if she doesn't, tell her that you will rehome him yourself.

I agree that he needs a calmer household.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awww poor Peanuts...doesn't she realize you all have enough to do...your pregnant for God sakes and John isn't feeling good and u have your own animals to take care of...that's just sad! Have you gotten a hold of her yet??

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Peanuts... and poor you and John.

Didn't you say most of his RB dogs came from her originally? I hope this doesn't upset him too much, I can't imagine surviving going through such trauma.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sibohan2005

There is somthing seriously wrong with your friend. Peanut in that case is better off without her and hopefully will find a good loving and caring home soon.
She's actually Johns sister NOT my friend. I dont like her very much.
I'm sure he is better off with us for now but it bugs me that she would just dump him like that.
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

That is really really wrong on her part!!! Maybe you could find a good new home for him with someone without kids and maybe a cat or two! I know it shouldn't be put onto you to rehome him but with her being so immature and thoughtless of his feelings and respecing your guys home, it may be much better for him if it's you helping him out!
Good luck!
I think I might know someone who he would be perfect for. Its an elderly man that I know. He recently had to put his 18 year old dog down. I might be able to convince him to take him.
Originally Posted by gemlady

You may have to give her an ultimatum that she has to get Peanuts (give her a week maybe) and if she doesn't, tell her that you will rehome him yourself.
I agree that he needs a calmer household.
I plan on giving her 2 weeks (left her a voice mail). He needs to be with someone who is very calm and will spoil him.
Originally Posted by Bella713

awww poor Peanuts...doesn't she realize you all have enough to do...your pregnant for God sakes and John isn't feeling good and u have your own animals to take care of...that's just sad! Have you gotten a hold of her yet??
Nope John called down to his parents and she still hasnt gotten home. None of us are to pleased with her. Shes probably hiding out at some friends house.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

Poor Peanuts... and poor you and John.

Didn't you say most of his RB dogs came from her originally? I hope this doesn't upset him too much, I can't imagine surviving going through such trauma.
Yep if I remember right Jax, Radar, Bug and Booger came from her.
He is realy upset right now because he knows he cant keep Peanuts. He always cleans up her messes. Plus it brings back memories of his dogs. When he told me about what happened to them he cried so badly. Ive never ever seen a guy cry like that. It made me cry too. I dont know how he dealt with that.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4crazycats

Yep if I remember right Jax, Radar, Bug and Booger came from her.
He is realy upset right now because he knows he cant keep Peanuts. He always cleans up her messes. Plus it brings back memories of his dogs. When he told me about what happened to them he cried so badly. Ive never ever seen a guy cry like that. It made me cry too. I dont know how he dealt with that.
I don't have anything useful to say... but I am very sorry, and you both remain in my thoughts and prayers.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here are some more pics of him.

He crawled into this bag on his own.

Heres one taken on Teuseday when we went to bring him to the vets but they couldnt see him after all.

lovinmom828

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aww I am sorry this all got put on you and John I hope all works out for you both and Peanut finds a forever loving home weather it be with you or another home. I can't see how anyone could just leave there dog like that and just expect you to pick up the mess left behind and deal with all of it when you all have so much going on at the moment. I am sending you all some good vibes and lots of hugs in hope everything works out alright. Peanut is adorable by the way.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amber, I hope things are working out with this. You and John are such animal lovers, I know it is tearing you both up to go through this mess she caused.

Hang in there.
Tell John we're all thinking about you both from here.