Anya is getting spayed today.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dropped Anya off at the vet this morning for her spay appointment. They told me they would call me later and update me on how things went and I can pick her up tomorrow as early as 8:00 am. Guess who's going to be camped out outside their door at 8:00 am?

So she's being spayed, and they are also going to try to clear the tear duct of her left eye while she's under anesthesia. It has been giving her problems on and off since she came home from the shelter with a URI.

I'm also having them check her anal glands as I've witnessed some humorous albeit worrisome butt dragging in the past few days.

I could use some hugs and Anya could use some vibes. I know the surgery is routine, but I still worry. And a night at home without her is going to be lonely and sad...

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Emily
She'll be just fine - but I know how worrysome it is! Davidson goes in this month, and I'm going to be lost without him for a whole night!

Sending vibes to Anya, and many calming vibes to you!

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure she'll be just fine and soooooo happy to see meowmy when you go to get her tomorrow
. I will send {{{{{Good Vibes}}}}} yours and Anya's way.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Emily, I wish I could come over & wait it out with you!!! A pint of Ben & Jerry's will help to soothe your nerves.....or maybe a glass of wine? I will keep Anya in my prayers for a safe & speedy spay!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks again everyone!

Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

Oh Emily, I wish I could come over & wait it out with you!!! A pint of Ben & Jerry's will help to soothe your nerves.....or maybe a glass of wine? I will keep Anya in my prayers for a safe & speedy spay!
I've already decided I'm going to the store after work to do a little Christmas shopping so I don't have to go straight home to an empty apartment. She always meets me at the door.

And the wine sounds great, but I think I'll move it up a notch to a cranberry and vodka over ice.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sending vibes and hugs for both you and Anya.
I had 4 done at the same time and was beside myself with worry. I should have taken the cranberry and vodka route

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwwwww many prayers for a speedy recovery and surgury!!!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
See...now if you had another cat you wouldn't have to come home to an empty apartment!
I'm sending tons of {{{{Spay vibes}}}} to you & Anya!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made the mistake of looking up step by step photos of the procedure. I'm feeling a little woozy...

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending good vibes to Anya and calming vibes to you! Its normal to worry. Any time any of my cats go to the vets surgery or not Im scared they will find something.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

Thanks again everyone!

I've already decided I'm going to the store after work to do a little Christmas shopping so I don't have to go straight home to an empty apartment. She always meets me at the door.

And the wine sounds great, but I think I'll move it up a notch to a cranberry and vodka over ice.
now I really wish I could come over!!!
I havent' had a real drink in awhile.... Any word on little Anya? Did the vet say she made it through ok yet?

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got a call from the vet's office. She came out of surgery fine and now they're observing her and letting the anesthesia wear off.
I can't wait to pick her up in the morning!