I can't take Trouble in

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I called my vet today and they were going to neuter him today and hold a check till my next payday so I could get him in out of the cold and my dad refused to do it. He said you don't want to take someone elses cat. And I said he was probably dropped and that he would die out there and dad said well I don't care about it just forget it. And then I said well if Terry, my sister, wanted him you would let her and he said don't say that and I said well its true. So I guess she talked him out of letting me have him last night. My vet was going to check him over neuter him give him his shots and everything for $130 and dad said no and since I don't drive I can't take him down there myself. But he won't even help me get my drivers liscences. So I guess poor Trouble is stuck out in the cold.
And if I talk about moving out on my own he starts going on about how he will leave everything to my sister. But he already gave her most of the money and now he doesn't think he will have enough to build the house. And so either way Trouble is the one who is going to suffer for it. And he had the nerve to say how would you feel if someone stole your cat and I said mine wouldn't be running loose and wouldn't be that skinny and unfixed. And he said well lots of people let their cats and dogs run loose and I said it doesn't make it right. I can't believe he can be so cold hearted how is that I came from someone like that.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well honestly, Do you really care that he is going to leave everything to your sister? I dont know how old you are, but you need to stand up to your self, and your father sounds like a heartless B....

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry that he wn't let you have him!! I know how much you wanted to give him a loving home.HUGS!!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

I called my vet today and they were going to neuter him today and hold a check till my next payday so I could get him in out of the cold and my dad refused to do it. He said you don't want to take someone elses cat. And I said he was probably dropped and that he would die out there and dad said well I don't care about it just forget it. And then I said well if Terry, my sister, wanted him you would let her and he said don't say that and I said well its true. So I guess she talked him out of letting me have him last night. My vet was going to check him over neuter him give him his shots and everything for $130 and dad said no and since I don't drive I can't take him down there myself. But he won't even help me get my drivers liscences. So I guess poor Trouble is stuck out in the cold.
And if I talk about moving out on my own he starts going on about how he will leave everything to my sister. But he already gave her most of the money and now he doesn't think he will have enough to build the house. And so either way Trouble is the one who is going to suffer for it. And he had the nerve to say how would you feel if someone stole your cat and I said mine wouldn't be running loose and wouldn't be that skinny and unfixed. And he said well lots of people let their cats and dogs run loose and I said it doesn't make it right. I can't believe he can be so cold hearted how is that I came from someone like that.
I looked in your profile and it says you are 26 years old.

It sounds to me like you are living under less than ideal conditions where you are. I think I remember reading in another thread that you don't have a door on your bedroom, and that there is no door on the bathroom either.

Now from this last post it sounds like your father is very controlling and manipulative and uses emotional blackmail against you. That's abuse!!!!!

You are old enough to strike out on your own. It sounds like you have a job. Get yourself a cheap apartment and move out.

Sanity and personal well being are more important that material possessions. Who cares if he leaves everything to your sister, it sounds like she's at the top of his list anyway from what you say.

You sound so very insecure and sheltered, and the sooner you get out of the situation that you are in, the better.