Best Flea prevenative for cats?

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I noticed last night Puff had a flea on his chin. So what is the best flea topical to get for cats?

I use Frontline on my dog.

les0304

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We recommend either Frontline or Revolution (which is a prescription product).

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used to use Frontline and this past summer I switched to Revolution. I switched because my vet quit carrying Frontline and only carried Revolution. She said it is about the same price and also prevents ear mites, heart worm, and intestinal parasites.

tru87

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I prefer Frontline because since my cats adoption, i've only had to use them in just around the time I adopted them. First cats, I applied frontline twice or so.. and my second cat, only one time when I got him. No problems since.

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Revolution because it has the lowest side effects,and my cat reacts adversely to some medications.

Gizmo is an indoor cat and never has fleas but we are in heartworm country so you can't be too careful about mosquito bites on ktty.

les0304

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If Capstar is used, you need to still follow it up with a topical medication. Capstar is considered a "quick kill" medication and only works for up to 4 hours.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

We use Revolution as it covers ear mites as well.
Ear mites are not a big concern of mine. My company makes a solution that cures ear mites and keeps the ears nice and clean.