My cat is ill and I don`t know what to do.

solar-kun

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don`t know what it is, but since yesterday morning he hasn`t been eating at all and is occaisionally puking(30mins-1.5hours between each time).
I don`t know how to help him, can anyone please tell me what to do, while we wait for the vet clinic to open(in an hour).
Thank you in advance.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is really not a lot you can do but get him to a vet quickly. I hope that it is something that is easily dealt with.

jkrodger

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

There is really not a lot you can do but get him to a vet quickly. I hope that it is something that is easily dealt with.
ditto, good luck though!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh heck
same here, the vet will be able to sort that out for you. 1 hour will soon pass.

Heres sending some get well quick {{{{{{ vibes }}}}} - do keep us updated

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Healing headbuts and very sorry licks from KittenKiya's Clan. Hurry up and open vets.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

solar-kun

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We`ve been to a vet, he said we were lucky we brought him fast, he`ll be alright soon if he eats and drinks properly, seems he had a virus cuz he had like 39 degrees celcius fever and he didn`t eat since it started. nor did he drink. now we need to give him antibiotics(not sure if I spelled it right) and feed him even if he doesn`t want to.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh dear, well I hope your kitty is feeling better soon (we dont know his name as yet)

Miss Moofi was ill recently and she wasnt too bothered about food, so dont be surprised if he wont eat much, but do keep trying, maybe some boiled chicken in tiny pieces will tempt him.
Did the vet say what caused this virus ?

Lots of get well vibes for your kitty - keep us posted

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sending love and good prayers. I recently went through a time when Humble would not eat at all. I ahd to finger feed him and poke the food into his mouth a wee morsel at a time. PM me if you need to talk.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to the site.
I'm sorry that you needed to join under such circumstances, but it's great that you got him to the vet and that he's getting the medication now. Hope you will be able to post some updates on his progress.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

solar-kun

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
seems he somehow got the virus from the outside, maybe we carried the germs on the boots or something. the cat refuses to eat so we feed him forcefully(don`t worry we are not hurting him, just making him eat, drink and take his medication). He doesn`t really have a name, we usually call him Musik.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad you got him to a vet and he has some meds that will hopefully make him better. Good vibes for a full recovery. Do keep him eating and drinkling, as if he doesn't, that can lead to other serious problems.