Hi is there any veterinarians on this board?

ayzero3539

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi is there any veterinarians on this board? First of all I am a new member as well and to cats. I recently adopted a cat. It is a DSH/Tabby. It is 1 years and 6 months old. It has been two days since it got home and lately I have noticed its been sleeping a lot. On the first two days it has been active sorta and now today it has been sleeping a lot I dunno if I should worry or not. When i nudge it a little it wakes up and looks at me and just curls back up and continues to sleep. Im gona bring it to the vet in a few days. Is there anything I can do right now or should i stop worrying and this is normal?

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry, I don't believe there are any vets here, but I would suggest you get your kitty to the vet as soon as you can. He's awfully young to be so inactive.

Is he eating well? Drinking water? Has he had his vaccinations and a general health check since you got him? Has he been de-wormed? All of these things should be done when you bring a kitty home, i.e., a good and complete vet check.

vanillasugar

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Even if there WERE a vet on this board, it would be awfully irresponsible for them to diagnose your kitty over the internet.

I highly suggest you get your cat in to see a vet in PERSON asap. Just incase.

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your cat does need to have a complete check up. But cats do sleep alot also. It maybe just a sleepy day for your cat. But do get the cat checked as soon as you can to be sure everythings ok.

solar-kun

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think it is just acting lazy. Not really sure, maybe it has some problem with it but I think it`s just sleepy and wants to rest.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats normally sleep about 14-18 hours a day (average) so it is probably normal. However, I would suggest taking your cat in for a complete exam since you just adopted him/her, and you can let the vet know about the change in sleeping just in case there could be something medical going on there...

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Solar-Kun

I think it is just acting lazy. Not really sure, maybe it has some problem with it but I think it`s just sleepy and wants to rest.
I really think you need to have the kitty checked by a vet. Guessing what might or might not be wrong with the kitty is not the way to go.