ferals and color

chausiefan

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A lady that works with feral cats today told me that calico torties and solid orange cats are much more common as feral cats or counttry cats do u think this is true?

tru

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Nope!
I think it just depends on the area.
Nearly all of mine were grey or brown tabbies when I hooked up with a TNR program a few years ago.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by chausiefan

A lady that works with feral cats today told me that calico torties and solid orange cats are much more common as feral cats or counttry cats do u think this is true?
Nope....I think it depends on the colony. We've had colonies of all siamese mixes....colonies of all black or black and white...colonies of brown tabbies.... My preference....a colony that has been spayed/neutered.

Katie

trixtersmomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not sure, but all the ferals I am dealing with are siamese and tabby. A new member just showed up today, too. Ugh. A beautiful siamese, with a very dark mask. Theyre so beautiful. I sure wish people would be more responsible

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by TrixtersMomma

Not sure, but all the ferals I am dealing with are siamese and tabby. A new member just showed up today, too. Ugh. A beautiful siamese, with a very dark mask. Theyre so beautiful. I sure wish people would be more responsible
Hey Trixter....I know the siamese rescue has a group in California...you may want to reach out to them:

http://cn.siameserescue.org/

http://cs.siameserescue.org/

Katie

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by chausiefan

By shear coincidence, that was true for the feral cats in my old (rural) neighborhood. Once in a while we'd get a black or grey/white show up, but the norm was torbies and reds.

Of course when I'd head up closer to the city and TNR there, there was no rhyme or reason to their colors.