kitten wet

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey there,
I started transferring Dynah over to a better quality kitten wet than what she was eating (presidents choice 1st to Authority) but she wont have any part of my little mixture for her. I think it may be the venison in it.
What are some other reasonably priced kitten wet?

abigail

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Latitude: 45° 31' North Longitude: 122° 39' We
Originally Posted by Sylorna

Hey there,
I started transferring Dynah over to a better quality kitten wet than what she was eating (presidents choice 1st to Authority) but she wont have any part of my little mixture for her. I think it may be the venison in it.
What are some other reasonably priced kitten wet?
nutro makes morsels in a pouch

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The better way to switch over to a new food is to feed the old food and putting a little of the new food in with it, increasing the new food gradually over a 10 day to 2 week period.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

The better way to switch over to a new food is to feed the old food and putting a little of the new food in with it, increasing the new food gradually over a 10 day to 2 week period.
yup, thats what I meant by my mixture. I think she wasn't hungry earlier...finally got her to "try" some of it and she seems to be ok with it.
Thanks for the advice

naturestee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If you're still looking for other brands to try, cans of Chicken Soup for the Kitten Lover's Soul cost about the same as Authority. It's a great food. Also, Felidae, Innova, and California Natural are good for all life stages and their 13 oz cans work out to costing the same as Chicken Soup (about 30 cents per 3 oz).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never seen chicken soup here...in any store. I wonder: can you get it in Ontario? maybe I need to be closer to the city.
Innova and feildae I think I can get, however they're close to $2 a can here...about the same price as merrick.
I'll keep my eyes open for sales though! In the meantime when I got home from my workout this afternoon she was mewing for food. It was the first time she's ever done that...I think she's learning from chester *sigh*