Trouble

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The little tuxy I took him Tavia's old automatic feeder and some water incase I can't get up there do to the rain and I took him an old comforter and put it in the barn. He is staying in an old house right now but dad is tearing that one down because its where we are building the new house. He came out and saw my dad today but wouldn't come out when I went up there but it was raining and very cold. And he did eat some of the food I left for him last night. Dad even said he's too friendly to be able to fend for himself. Maybe he will get to liking him and if I give it a bit of time he will agree to me neutering him and when he does I will sneak him inside when I get home. I just hope he is okay till then. But if I don't do this right then dad will not let him stay.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there any way you could put him in a bathroom in your home since it's soo cold outside?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Is there any way you could put him in a bathroom in your home since it's soo cold outside?
We live in a abandoned trailor that dad re done for the time being since our old place was falling down and we don't have a door on the bathroom.
but we have a curtain up but that wouldn't contain trouble and dad wouldn't let me anyway

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh i'm sorry, i didn't realize there wasn't a door up yet
[maybe you could borrow a crate from your local shelter or buy an inexpensive one from wal-mart if you get a little extra $$$

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Have you looked at mylar blankets? They are super cheap and other care-givers have used them for bedding for ferals. They reflect and amplify the body heat.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm hoping he wins your Dad's heart and can become part of the family SOON!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is winning dad over and I do have a crate but I gotta get it from my sister. I went up there today and Trouble jumped up on my shoulder and rode around and then crawled into my arms and went to sleep while I packed him around and he found his blanket. What I am thinking is when I get him neutered I will keep him in the crate in my room with a litter pan in there, although not sure if I should get a covered or uncovered one. And while he is healing he can get used to the dogs and Tavia. And then I will simply turn him loose in the house. I am also hoping he learns very fast that the table and the counters are a
because that would help win dad over. The crate is the one I used on for my pitbull and she had plenty of room so I am hoping it will be big enough for him. I am going to call my vet tomorrow and make an appointment. I hope he will do it for fairly cheap because dad keeps saying you don't have money for another cat you need new tires and I said well once I pay for it then its over with.
And one payday I am going to buy a 10lb of Tavia's food. I couldn't afford anything but the cheap stuff for the time being in order to have enough for both. But it will just be a week and then will be payday. I am off two days before payday so I will see if my vet will hold a check for a day he will he always does. I guess I didn't get any other cats because God knew that Trouble would be headed my way.