My Catsifier Nipple Pillow is here!!!!!! (Well... it's not for ME!)

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure how I feel about it!
First of all the quality is not what I expected- It's just a pillow with a cat shaped piece of faux fur stitched on... I suppose that isn't a big deal but what bothers me is that the edges of the cat are unfinished so the fur comes off really easily. I think if I had thought of making this instead of buying it I could've done a much better job... well... I'd like to think so anyway!

It just came today so I haven't had a chance to try it out- well they haven't
I'm still a little undecided about giving it to them with the edges of fur coming off... so we'll see tonight. I'll probably let them check it out but I definitely won't leave them alone with it... they'll be coughing up fur balls in no time!

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck... let us know what happens.

Have you considered phoning them and telling them that you'd like a better quality replacement?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahbeez

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

Good luck... let us know what happens.

Have you considered phoning them and telling them that you'd like a better quality replacement?
Hmmm... no I didn't. I almost feel bad about it though because the guy I talked to when I ordered was really nice
We'll see how it goes over tonight...

By the way- I think that all of their pillows probably look like this. It's just cheaply sewn on. If I get a big burst of initiative I may remake the cat- into a 2 sided faux fur cat so it's fluffier & doesn't have exposed edges- and resew it on. We'll see... I have some serious arts & crafts backlogged already!

jeffalan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sarah,

I receive a second one three days ago (for my sister for xmas) and neither of mine have problems like you speak of. I wonder if there were different "batches" of them made. I got the gold one for myself and the plaid one for my sister and both are terrific fabric, and appear to be sewn professionally.

If I were you I would call them and tell them about it. If they are any kind of a professional company, they will offer a solution. Every company probably has factory "seconds" that are slight imperfections when they are produced - I buy a lot of my jeans that way - lol - but if you think you got one, I would defintely call or write the company.

jeffalan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just found this ad in the Newsday paper - which is HUGE in New York.
Thought you might want to see it. If yours is not great, maybe there was a mixup. Newsday lists it as a great gift item for cats.

jeffalan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got the actual copy of the paper and there is a large color photo of three of the Catsifiers right beside this woman's photo. They were featured front and center. Must be they only put the photos in print and not on the web article