I have a little rebel girlie!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ginger has not one, but TWO tattoos! And Meowmy didn't even know about it until last night!
What kind of kitty gets tattoos without Meowmy knowing about it?!?!

Actually, she got them when she got spayed at the Neuter Scooter, she has an "NS" on the inside of her right ear and on her tummy, so that the vets in the area would know that she was already spayed if she were a feral/stray that was picked up again.

I didn't know it until last night when she was rubbing and headbuting me and her ear got flipped inside out. I think it's kinda cool that Ginger has two tats like her Meowmy does.

Have you found out something like that about your kitties months after you had them?

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ginger's a very cool kitty!

I could see Gracie and Claire wanting tatoos. They both have a bit of rebel in them.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ours don't do tats!!
That is funny though that you just found it.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both Chynna and Abby have tattoos inside their left ear to indicate they are spayed. Each is a unique ID consisting of letters and numbers that is on file at the Humane Society with my information in case they are lost and taken there.

If I ever get another cat I'll ask for the tattoo again over the microchip implant. The tattoo can be seen by anyone, whereas a microchip needs a special piece of equipment for it to be read.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't know what the NS could mean but its cute. And no my girl doesn't have one and am not sure about my new baby boy. I will find out once I get him inside. Maybe the tat can mean No Scooping or No School

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kitten has to small dots of blue on the inside of her ear. Dunno what they mean she had them when I got her as a feral kitten. If she had been older (and the fact I had her spayed) I would have thought that she had been TNR'd. Her littermates all had them too.

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you saying that they did that at the spay/neuter facility without you knowing? I think I would have a problem with that.

I realize that the tattoo is "beneficial" for the cat, but still... I would be a rather angry person had they just done it without telling me or asking permission first.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

Are you saying that they did that at the spay/neuter facility without you knowing? I think I would have a problem with that.

I realize that the tattoo is "beneficial" for the cat, but still... I would be a rather angry person had they just done it without telling me or asking permission first.
I believe she was spayed by the time Heidi & Earl adopted her, so it was done before

Way to go Ginger...you keep bucking the system!

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

I believe she was spayed by the time Heidi & Earl adopted her, so it was done before

Way to go Ginger...you keep bucking the system!

Okay, that makes much more sense.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emily_325

When I found Chynna I took her to the Spay and Neuter Clinic here and they automatically gave her an ear tattoo. She's an all white cat and her eye rims, nose and paw pads are pink. They did a terrible job on the tattoo. It's right inside the middle of her ear and big and visible to the naked eye. Not only that I can't even read the thing. I can't tell if there are 4's or 7's.

When I took Abby to get spayed, I took her to the vet near where I live and they asked me about a tattoo. I said yes, so long as it was put deep down inside the ear and not visible to the naked eye. I was told that was the way they did it. The numbers are nice and neat and very readable and the tattoo isn't visible unless you fold the ear back and look inside.