Breeding Wows

siberianluv

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My female is currently at my mentors house for her first breeding. The male has some experience but it having problems with my female. She is a little longer then him in the neck and torso. Any ideas?

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no idea, but Sneakers was 1/2 the length of Ziggy and somehow they were fine.
(I'm not a breeder though/) Maybe the timing isn't exactly right.

Good luck anyway. Are you breeding Siberians?

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

I'm sure he will figure it out soon
Nothing you can do to "help" him out.
I agree, we had a breeding like that recently, the male is only a little over a year old, he had some difficulty at first, but a determined male will figure it out quickly.
Probably too much information, but the positions a male will get into can be hilarious, when the male is determined.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by FamilytimeRags

I agree, we had a breeding like that recently, the male is only a little over a year old, he had some difficulty at first, but a determined male will figure it out quickly.
Probably too much information, but the positions a male will get into can be hilarious, when the male is determined.
I was just thinking about how "determined" Dante' was when he got his first taste of manlyness. He was under a year and he and Ice were probley in some of those "hilarious positions" in fact I didn't think they actually mated, I was sure he didn't figure it out, if you rember my 4-some litter with him, she was rounded right out before I was convinced the breeding really happened
I think he's got it now though.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Come to think of it, that's why I thought Ziggy was unsuccessful at first too. I didn't think he "got it" until after he was fixed (we did separate them afterwards, but it was too late... the booger got her preggers just before we took him in).

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Godiva

Come to think of it, that's why I thought Ziggy was unsuccessful at first too. I didn't think he "got it" until after he was fixed (we did separate them afterwards, but it was too late... the booger got her preggers just before we took him in).
Not that it matters now, but the male can carry active sperm for about a month after neutering, so it could have happened after, good to know if the situation comes up again though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

siberianluv

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone for the encouragement! Yes, they are Siberians. After day 1 the male seemed to find a good position. Now we are at the beginning of day 3 and still waiting for my female to figure out what she needs to do to ovulate. Hopefully this will be the day!

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by celestialrags

Not that it matters now, but the male can carry active sperm for about a month after neutering, so it could have happened after, good to know if the situation comes up again though.
Yes, good to know! We kept them apart for three weeks, and she had a belly towards the end of that *but she's small). Given the timing of the birth, we were pretty sure that he got her before the neutering, but you never know... there were two size kittens in her litter, two were obviously premature, but they did fine even though I had to help them out. Ziggy was around 5 months when he got neutered, so we are already starting to keep Tobie away from his momma now. Experience is an excellent teacher.

merrytreecats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by FamilytimeRags

I second this! They will hump till they are blue in the face or just drop over, whatever it takes, they'll do it. Sometimes it can take a little while for the connection to be made, but if he doesn't get it, I agree with the other person who said this, there is nothing you can do. I had a male like this once. He had the drive but he could never successfully penetrate. Incidentally he was the best quality male I ever had...it figures!

(n)mabriga sibe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I agree it is noting you can do to help them.
Just putt them in to a room where they are alone and hope for the best.
But remember not all female are skimming not all breeding we notes we think it did not go very well the male hade not Dan any thing and then after some wicks we look ? As she is going to have kittens.
I have female as never will say any thing and I have females I can here for a long way.
But justly all males will be able to breed when they are older I think.