Please Help :(

perky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have had 3 cats for about 7 or 8 years. Back in March I got 2 new kittens from the parking lot at Kroger. 1 being a girl and the other a boy. They are all indoor cats. Just recently within the past 2 weeks or so the girl kitten started peeing and pooping around the house, for no apparent reason.. Only thing I could think was she wanted outside casue she is always trying to escape. so, I finally decided to let her out, and now she only wants to comes in to use the bathroom in the house (not in a litter box), and then wants right back outside. i dont understand it. It was bad and now its just much worse. Today I let her in and she ran around my bedroom pooping.. Didnt even stop to hunker down.. It looked like a horse going to the bathroom.. I spanked her and put her nose to the poop. Then this evening I let her in again and she peeded right at the front door, then wanted back out.. What is happening?? I thought that usually boy cats had more of a problem with this type of thing.. I keep my litter boxes clean so I dont think its a dirty litter box issue..

Please help me, i cant take this much longer

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Perky

I have had 3 cats for about 7 or 8 years. Back in March I got 2 new kittens from the parking lot at Kroger. 1 being a girl and the other a boy. They are all indoor cats. Just recently within the past 2 weeks or so the girl kitten started peeing and pooping around the house, for no apparent reason.. Only thing I could think was she wanted outside casue she is always trying to escape. so, I finally decided to let her out, and now she only wants to comes in to use the bathroom in the house (not in a litter box), and then wants right back outside. i dont understand it. It was bad and now its just much worse. Today I let her in and she ran around my bedroom pooping.. Didnt even stop to hunker down.. It looked like a horse going to the bathroom.. I spanked her and put her nose to the poop. Then this evening I let her in again and she peeded right at the front door, then wanted back out.. What is happening?? I thought that usually boy cats had more of a problem with this type of thing.. I keep my litter boxes clean so I dont think its a dirty litter box issue..

Please help me, i cant take this much longer
If this is new behaviour, the first thing I would do is take her for a vet visit to ensure she doesn't have a UTI for the inappropriate peeing at least. Is she spayed?

Secondly, do not spank her or put her nose in the poop. This will do nothing except make her afraid of you. It won't do anything to correct her behaviour.

I see that you have 4 cats - so you should ultimately have 5 litter boxes - 1 of each cat and a spare.

There are others here that have more knowledge and experience with this sort of thing than I, so be patient and someone should be along soon to try to help you with this situation.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my, I really think you do need to check with a vet. Something is wrong with your baby. Do you have a lot of room for these babies? Maybe she is feeling squeezed in?

Let us know how she makes out and others will be around soon to help out further.

Wish we could help headbuts and sooooothing, calming licks from KittenKiya's Clan.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

If this is new behaviour, the first thing I would do is take her for a vet visit to ensure she doesn't have a UTI for the inappropriate peeing at least. Is she spayed?

Secondly, do not spank her or put her nose in the poop. This will do nothing except make her afraid of you. It won't do anything to correct her behaviour.

I see that you have 4 cats - so you should ultimately have 5 litter boxes - 1 of each cat and a spare.
I completley agree with everything that was said here. The very first thing that needs to be done is for you to get the kitten to the vet. Cats don't poop and pee everywhere out of spite.

My first thoughts are that there is something medically wrong.

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she is pooping all over the bedroom, then it sounds like she is ill. Cat normally do not move around much while they poop. Definitely get her to a vet.

jt23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Definately get a vet check. It could also be behavioural though. How does she fit in with the other cats? Does she have any reason to be intimidated by them?

Definately agree with Yosemite. Spanking and rubbing her nose in it is just negative reinforcement and may even make her worse.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just wanted to add that if she is stressed by the other cats (which is normal when a new cat is added), this can cause a UTI which in turn causes the peeing in inappropriate places. A vet check will at least confirm or rule out the UTI. If it is UTI then she needs antibiotics.