No Radar, vegetables are NOT toys....

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AAaaargh that cat!

He just trotted in here holding a great big head of broccoli (calabrese for the americans here!) in his mouth by its stalk. It looked as if he'd been beating up on it, bits of it hanging off. He looked so proud of himself, I think he was bringing me his 'kill'
I managed to get it from him and went to the kitchen and put it in the fridge.

I turned round, and there he was - back in the vegetable rack, this time about to run off with a bag of chillies.
I had to wrestle the things from him, I swear he had a chilli in his mouth and was biting down on it while I was trying to remove it. It was a chilli tug-of-war and bits of chilli and bag went everywhere, I had to prise it out of his mouth.

I have had to lock the vegetable rack in the bathroom to keep him away from my veg! We already have the onions and garlic in a cupboard because he tries to bat them down the hall, and we're very short of cupboard space. Of course sweeping up the mess took about 3 attempts with him leaping into the dust pan and scattering the remains even further afield.

What am I going to do with him?

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yes they are! Jaffa once had more fun with a baby brussell sprout than you'd think possible

Talking of broccoli - a couple of months ago I left some trimmed broccoli on the worktop ready to put into the steamer. Went back into the kitchen to find that Monster Mosi had scoffed the lot! You think I'd be safe with raw broccoli wouldn't you?

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Their monkeys aren't they. Sophie sits and waits for you to wrap a biscuit wrapper in a knot then throw it for her, then she walks around with it in her mouth for ages before finding a hidey place for it

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wanted to be a fly on the wall watching that tug of war with the chilis!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have any of you ever wondered what would happen if Radar and 8-Bit ever got together? I can only imagine but wouldn't that be a riot.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Have any of you ever wondered what would happen if Radar and 8-Bit ever got together? I can only imagine but wouldn't that be a riot.
Bananas and veggies everywhere!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

Give him BIG KISSES on his silly nose.
Have to catch the wee horror first! He runs like a cheetah

Originally Posted by urbantigers

Oh yes they are! Jaffa once had more fun with a baby brussell sprout than you'd think possible

Talking of broccoli - a couple of months ago I left some trimmed broccoli on the worktop ready to put into the steamer. Went back into the kitchen to find that Monster Mosi had scoffed the lot! You think I'd be safe with raw broccoli wouldn't you?
I can believe it! Radar just cannot leave the vegetable rack alone. If there's an empty shelf he will hide there waiting to pounce. I have had to cut claw holes out of tomatoes before using them on more than one occasion. I will just have to get another cupboard and put locks on it.

Originally Posted by Yosemite

I have had nightmares along those lines...

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The big laugh around here is to spill some grapes on the floor, they roll like crazy and Persi can get several under the stove, dishwasher, and fridge in a flash. (He does not try to eat them but thinks they are the greatest playthings ever made for a cat.)

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I once watched Spike prance around the house with a garlic bulb in his mouth (this was before I knew garlic was bad for cats, but he didn't try to eat it -- he just carried it around). He also needs some convincing about this whole "obligate carnivore" thing: he steals lettuce off dinner plates (in preference over chicken) and thinks carrots are the greatest food ever. Silly cat.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ferris has discovered that he loves peas. For two reasons.

1.) If I squish them, he loves to eat them and cries for more.

2.) If I DON'T squish them for him, he loves to let them roll around in his mouth, then he spits them out and proceeds to bat them around like a very tiny little green ball.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Ferris has discovered that he loves peas. For two reasons.

1.) If I squish them, he loves to eat them and cries for more.

2.) If I DON'T squish them for him, he loves to let them roll around in his mouth, then he spits them out and proceeds to bat them around like a very tiny little green ball.
That is one spoiled kitty! He doesn't even have to squish his own peas

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm... Just got home to find that the veg are locked in the bathroom and Radar is already trying to instigate kitten-chase

The thought of Radar and 8-bit getting together worries me but then if we get another cat (as is planned) then I can only imagine they will both be up to this type of thing together- two cats attempting to lead me towards mental meltdown

I can't even lock Radar in the bathroom if he is naughty now

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

That is one spoiled kitty! He doesn't even have to squish his own peas
Does he have me trained, or what?!?
He won't eat them unless they are pre-squished!

Seriously, if I were a kitty, I should think that veggies make WONDERFUL toys! All shapes and sizes and colors and smells and textures!
I mean, c'mon, look at how much fun these smilies are:
And they fit nicely behind the entertainment center - isn't that what the center is for? Entertainment? Sheesh - you humans!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My freinds' two cats would go insane for olives.
Dice would grab his and run and eat it up fast. Bitten thought it was the best toy in the world before he would get around to eating it. We would have to play goalie to make sure that Dice (who was much faster than Bitten) didn't sneak in and steal Bitten's olive before he was done with it.