upset over free ad in paper

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Not sure if this is in the right spot but i just got done looking in our local paper and there is a ad in there free to good home 2 5 week old kittens.

In our area its the norm for free to good home but at 5 weeks those babies are WAY to young. I feel sorry for them who knows whats gonna happen.

I dont understand what people are thinking sometimes.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alot of people just dont know better. They see the kittens eating hard food and think that ok its tme for them to find homes. When I find people who feel that way I try and educate them.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't even read those ads anymore, I get too mad
People are dumb sometimes and animals have to pay for it.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Atleast someone put them in the paper though and didn't just dump them somewhere. I had 6 of them dumped in my yard over the Summer and they were only 2 1/2 to 3 weeks old.

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

Atleast someone put them in the paper though and didn't just dump them somewhere. I had 6 of them dumped in my yard over the Summer and they were only 2 1/2 to 3 weeks old.
Yikes! thats insane...do you think they knew you would take them in?

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EricaNicole

Yikes! thats insane...do you think they knew you would take them in?
Most likely! As we live out in the boonies and get strays dropped all the time.

We only lost one of them.The others are doing great in their new homes!!! I get updates on them from time to time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So what would u do call them tell them they are absolutly insane!!! lol just kidding. My heart tells me to go get these babies so I know they will be taken care of but I know that also isnt gonna help they need to be with the mother.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I could afford the Vet bills and etc. then I WOULD go get them!!
Maybe the Mom got killed or she abandoned them

(I am at MY limit right now!!! If I were to have a stray dropped off, then I would have to find it another home.)

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well money isnt a issue we coukd aford the vost of vet and getting them fixed and all that. Now talking my husband into it could be a different story. Im really just not sure if I should do anything. I wouldnt be able to keep both forever but could if I felt it was best for them until they got fixed and found a new home for them.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I say talk it over with your Hubby and say you could foster them UNTIL a home could be found.If no home is found and he falls in lovew with them,then they'll have ahome.If you need to place them, then they would be safe UNTIL you could find them a home!

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My husband told me i was nuts he said fleas, ear mites, and they might not know how to use litter box yet. It is 9:17 pm here now anyway so I would have to wait till tomorrow to call. So im thinking sleeping on it beofre making a desion might be best.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, you couldphone and say you were interested, but wqere worried that they might develop behavioural problems as they were so young, and ask why they are available so young? Then maybe, if the mother is still around, ask if they could be kept with her for you for another few weeks? At least it would get the owners thinking.

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good idea I think ill do that. The ad says to call after 6pm so ill do that hopefully its not too late. I wish i saw the ad earlier.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hope you can talk to the people giving them away! Those poor kittens....some people honestly don't seem to realize they're too young. I hope that's the case & they'll keep them with the momma.

april31

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
kicking my self in the butt now. The ad isnt in todays paper and my husband accidently threw away yesterdays. I wish i saw the ad sooner and called yesterday i hope maybe they pulled the ad relising that they were too young. I hope the babies are ok. I could just strangle myself now.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by april31

kicking my self in the butt now. The ad isnt in todays paper and my husband accidently threw away yesterdays. I wish i saw the ad sooner and called yesterday i hope maybe they pulled the ad relising that they were too young. I hope the babies are ok. I could just strangle myself now.
can you look and see if your local newspaper has a web site? Then you could look up in the classified section and get the # again.