Silly question

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I noticed about a week ago when Ophelia poops, it stinks. She eats Solid Gold Katz-N-Flocken dry food, or Iams new chicken entree or beef entree canned, Pro Plan Urinary Tract Health Chicken cannd, or Pro Pac beef canned. I recently added the Pro Pac canned, but I can't remember how recently(within the past 2-3 weeks).

What could cause stinky poop?
I guess I don't mind it, I scoop it right away, but the smell is a bit "tacky" shall I say? OK, so my family is griping about "stinky paws".

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe the beef in the pro pac doesnt agree ...

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your cat may be allergic to one of the ingredients. Gizmo had some pretty smelly deposits when she was eating chicken; her poo still smells now that she's on rabbit, but the level is much lower and it is not offensive.

I'd try an elimination diet: keep her on one food for a week or two and see if that helps eliminate the smell, then switch to the other, etc. I'd get rid of the bee first.

shambelle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know every cat is very different, but PJ's poop was horribly stinky on any type of the Pro Plan foods. Not that she's scentless now, but once she got off of the Pro Plan, she got much less smelly.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by gizmocat

Your cat may be allergic to one of the ingredients. Gizmo had some pretty smelly deposits when she was eating chicken; her poo still smells now that she's on rabbit, but the level is much lower and it is not offensive.

I'd try an elimination diet: keep her on one food for a week or two and see if that helps eliminate the smell, then switch to the other, etc. I'd get rid of the bee first.
You described a rotation diet NOT elemination

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Maybe the beef in the pro pac doesnt agree ...
That's sorta what I thought, but wondered if it was possibly something else.

How long would it take for the beef to get out of her system & her poops to smell a little better if it wa the Pro Pac?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Humm I would think within about 24 hours ... supposedly wet food is eliminated in about 8-12