update on Hermes and Nemo

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last night I gave them their first dose of Interferon and I think I'm noticing some improvement already!!! Hermes was in the living room waiting for me by the door when I got home today!!
he hasn't sone that in well over a week!! he seems a little more alert too. Still wouldn't eat though, but I'm hoping we have started down the path of recovery
Nemo was actually out from under my bed, but went back when he saw me, I really don't think he likes me right now
but I gotta do, what I gotta do. Thanks everyone for your well wishes, vibes and prayers, keep 'em coming! My boys and I are grateful

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Katie, I'm so glad to hear your sweet boys are showing signs of improvement. You're such a dedicated meowmy and are taking wonderful care of them. Will keep the vibes coming! :heart3

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Katie! That is wonderful news! I came on real quick before heading to a meeting just to see if there was an update! That is awesome news! Keep up the good work, hun!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yay Katie! I was hoping you had some news...I was going to wait until tomorrow to PM you to ask so I didn't seem too pushy.

Hopefully they will be eating something tomorrow! Do Hermes & Nemo has a URI, or were they the ones with what the vet said could possibly be distemper?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They are the ones that the vet said might have distemper, but I seriously doubt that they do. Herm is sitting on my lap right now
going to give them a couple more squirts (of food) before bed

mom of 4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Interferon makes you feel like you have the flu, so not eating much can be normal. They usually recommend that it be given at night so the achy feeling occurs during sleep.
Our human patients were taking the injections on M, W, F only. They were usually able to eat early on the day they were to get their injections. With time, the symptoms decreased enough that they were able to eat more often.
Best wishes for all of you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom of 4

Interferon makes you feel like you have the flu, so not eating much can be normal. They usually recommend that it be given at night so the achy feeling occurs during sleep.
Our human patients were taking the injections on M, W, F only. They were usually able to eat early on the day they were to get their injections. With time, the symptoms decreased enough that they were able to eat more often.
Best wishes for all of you.
Well, they haven't been eating for over a week before I started the Interferon, so I know that's not the reason they're refusing to eat, and these 2 are sleeping all the time, so it doesn't really matter when I give it to them
but I am giving it in the evening. The vet advised that I give 1 ml once a day, so I'm going with her suggestion, but I really hope these guys start to eat soon! Thank you