Cat Vomiting -Need Help!

mommatraut

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have a cat that is about 13 years old. About a month ago we came home and found poop in the house on the floor. This is not normal for him, Right after that he went into hiding for about 24 hours -No food, No Water, and didn't use the cat box. We honestly thought he was dying, but 24 hours later he bounced back and was fine. A few days later the vomiting began. If I had not seen this vomit with my own eyes come out of his mouth I would swear it was diarrhea. It is dark green with a horrible smell. He would go 3-5 days with vomiting 1-2 times per day and then he would stop for a day. Then he would start vomiting. So after 3 weeks of this I took him into the vet and they checked him out and did bloodwork, Everything came back fine. They sent us home wtih some anti-nausea meds and amoxicillin for 5 days. He was somewhat dehydrated so they did put fluids in him. Today is day 2 and he is still throwing up. Has anyone dealt with this before or anyone who can offer some suggestions on what it could be? Please help -We have no idea what could be wrong with him. Bloodwork says he is fine, but we still have a very sick kitty!

On a side note, He has lost weight. He eats fine and drinks a normal amount. He goes to the bathroom okay. He is a inside cat, So he hasn't gotten into anything outside and he isn't around other cats. He sleeps all day and all night-He's a old cat that doesn't really do much. He did kill a tree frog and salamander in the garage about a the time all this happened and I did change his food but after a 2-3 days of vomiting I put him right back on his regular food. I wouldn't think it would carry on for a month -Or that having killed a tree frog or salamander would still be upsetting his tummy a month after the incident.

Our vet was clueless -She said bloodwork was fine, Bring him back in if he doesn't seem to be getting better.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Perhaps it would be good to get a second opinion. Something is wrong with your baby and two or three heads are always better than one. Let us know how you baby does, but please call another vet.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKiya

Perhaps it would be good to get a second opinion. Something is wrong with your baby and two or three heads are always better than one. Let us know how you baby does, but please call another vet.
I agree, sending prayers that your baby will be ok

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I second a second opnion .. and WHat blood work was done???

and prayers

sicycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vomiting can be very frustrating because blood and urine tests can come back normal yet there still can be something wrong. I would try putting Transfer Factor in his food. http://www.4life.com/transferfactor.aspx You can buy it online or at a health food store. Saki was vomiting for almost 3 months a couple times a week and all his tests came back normal, everything else was normal, no other symptoms. I dont know if its a coincidence but as soon as I started putting TF in his food he stopped, and he hasnt vomited since (been a few months). It couldnt hurt.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mommatraut

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank You~He had bloodwork done to test for his liver, diabetes, cancer, hyperthyrodisim (sp?) That's it as far as I know-Those were the main things the vet was concerned about. But it all came back fine. She sent us home with the meds and he just ran out yesterday. However, While on the meds he was stil vomiting. It was about 4 times in a week-Which was better than the 2-3 times per day he was vomiting. So a improvement, but still a sick cat!

We will try another vet.