TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Does this look like a good deal?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Does this look like a good deal?

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
I just bought it for my 8yr old for Christmas (He'll be 9 by then).
I think it's a good starter for him
Here are the details about it.

$33.90

You are buying one 256 MB MP4 & MP3 Player /w FM radio and build in battery, New in Box!

A compact MP3 player that has built-in speakers for listening without a headset! The MP4 Player can play MP3, WMA, WAV, MP1, MP2, WMV and ASF formats. Features a brilliant 1.5" 65K color screen for viewing pictures and MPEG-4 video, an FM radio to switch it up a bit, and even a built-in microphone for recording memos to yourself.

Includes a USB cable, earphones with neck strap, and charger.



manufacturer Crown Edition
brand name Crown Edition
player storage capacity 256 MB
color White
audio formats supported MP3; WAV; WMA; MPEG-4; MP1; MP2; WMV; ASF
movie formats supported AMV; MTV
picture formats JPG; BMP; GIF
backlit display yes
batteries included yes
battery type build in lithium-ion
operating system compatibility Windows 98; Windows 98SE; Windows Me; Windows 2000; Windows XP; Mac OS X; Linux
FM stereo yes
headset included yes
case included no
plug and play yes
connector type USB 2.0
software included yes
height 2 15/16 inches
width 1 9/16 inches
depth 2/3 inch
weight 2 oz
post #2 of 14
I don't know much about MP3 players but that looks like a great starter for your son. Its not a lot of memory though. I think the really good ones have atleast a G. But at 9 I don't know how much memory he will use. You can always upgrade when he is ready!
post #3 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom View Post
I don't know much about MP3 players but that looks like a great starter for your son. Its not a lot of memory though. I think the really good ones have atleast a G. But at 9 I don't know how much memory he will use. You can always upgrade when he is ready!
That's what I was thinking also. I know it will hold around 60-70 songs..which is MORE then enough for a 9 year old
post #4 of 14
That looks fine For a 9 year old Just hope he doesn't want the IPod next year My Daughter has one and so does my grandson plus all the stuff that goes with it, I almost when I found out how much there were
post #5 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfpint View Post
That looks fine For a 9 year old Just hope he doesn't want the IPod next year My Daughter has one and so does my grandson plus all the stuff that goes with it, I almost when I found out how much there were
Well, if he wants an IPOD next year, he can ask his father!

I found the same one at Office Depot and it was $89.00
post #6 of 14
I know my Daughter bought Ryan's for Graudation and I think it was close to $400 The kids today They have everything he has a 2003 Toyota sport, a apple laptop that has everything on it, his Ipod many Gutairs, Basses, amps and whatever else that they use. It's a good thing he's a grateful kid and an only kid And I'm glad they got all the big stuff before he ask me I wouldn't want one of those people to day Yours hasn't even started yet
post #7 of 14
seems like a good deal for the little guy
post #8 of 14
I have a creative zen mp3 play which holds thousands of songs...I think I paid just under 200...



but for a 9 year old I think the one you chose will be great!
post #9 of 14
I think its great for a 9 year old!
post #10 of 14
Thread Starter 
Thanks!
We are using it as a "Test Run" to see how well he takes care of it and if he will be responsible with it. Maybe if he shows us he is then in the future he'll get an IPoD.... (When they go WAAAY down in price
post #11 of 14
Wow that looks like a great deal good job
post #12 of 14
Looks like an ok deal for a 9 year old. My sister just turned 13 and I want to buy her one that I saw in a flyer on sale for $39 and its 1gb. Some Ipods aren't too expensive. The new clip ones are cool. My boyfriend has the shuffle and they are reasonably priced, plus you never have to buy batteries for it because it charges through the usb port on the computer.
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256 View Post
I just bought it for my 8yr old for Christmas (He'll be 9 by then).
I think it's a good starter for him
Here are the details about it.

$33.90

You are buying one 256 MB MP4 & MP3 Player /w FM radio and build in battery, New in Box!

A compact MP3 player that has built-in speakers for listening without a headset! The MP4 Player can play MP3, WMA, WAV, MP1, MP2, WMV and ASF formats. Features a brilliant 1.5" 65K color screen for viewing pictures and MPEG-4 video, an FM radio to switch it up a bit, and even a built-in microphone for recording memos to yourself.

Includes a USB cable, earphones with neck strap, and charger.



manufacturer Crown Edition
brand name Crown Edition
player storage capacity 256 MB
color White
audio formats supported MP3; WAV; WMA; MPEG-4; MP1; MP2; WMV; ASF
movie formats supported AMV; MTV
picture formats JPG; BMP; GIF
backlit display yes
batteries included yes
battery type build in lithium-ion
operating system compatibility Windows 98; Windows 98SE; Windows Me; Windows 2000; Windows XP; Mac OS X; Linux
FM stereo yes
headset included yes
case included no
plug and play yes
connector type USB 2.0
software included yes
height 2 15/16 inches
width 1 9/16 inches
depth 2/3 inch
weight 2 oz
From what I found, it retails for about $90 so I'd say you got a good deal, and just what your son will want!!! Good Buy!
post #14 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyJilly View Post
From what I found, it retails for about $90 so I'd say you got a good deal, and just what your son will want!!! Good Buy!
That's what I found also.
It plays small video clips and pictures also so I figured it would be perfect for me...err....Him....yeah him
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Does this look like a good deal?