Anti-Static for Long Hair

cairo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I groom Cairo daily now that her fur is getting really long. But no matter how much I brush and comb, her hair sort of clumps together instead of being poofy like I want her. It's not matting or anything like that, it's almost like static. Her fur just groups up and separates as she moves making her look kind of funky and ungroomed. Is there any kind of anti-friz, anti-static I can use to smooth her out?

Also, the ends of her longest hairs are really fine and seem to be really dry. Is there a conditioner or oil I can use?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try sprinkling a little cornstarch baby powder in the coat and rub it in (do NOT use talc powder). Then comb thru. It should work in keeping the clumping out and static too.

kittycorner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi!
You can also use a USED dryer sheet on them. That is what I use on my 4 long haired kitties in the winter when it gets soo dry. It works like a dream and will not hurt your kitties. I also use the diet supplement Missing Link on their food and that helps with the hair coat dramatically, keeps shedding down to a minimum too!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cairo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the quick replies, I'll try those methods.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A bath and a good conditioner might help... You can also look for pet grooming sprays, (make sure they say they're ok for cats) many of them mention on the bottle that they help with static.

Examples of grooming sprays for cats that say they're anti-static:

Tropiclean Papaya Mist Spray
#1 All Systems Hair Revitalizer & Instant Anti-static Spray
Eqyss Cat Mist Rehydrant Anti-Static Spray
House of Anju Anti-Stat Spray
Vetbasis Freshener & Detangler Anti-Static Spray

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cairo

I groom Cairo daily now that her fur is getting really long. But no matter how much I brush and comb, her hair sort of clumps together instead of being poofy like I want her. It's not matting or anything like that, it's almost like static. Her fur just groups up and separates as she moves making her look kind of funky and ungroomed. Is there any kind of anti-friz, anti-static I can use to smooth her out?

Also, the ends of her longest hairs are really fine and seem to be really dry. Is there a conditioner or oil I can use?
Here is a brush that may solve your problem: http://www.thecatconnection.com/miva...de=GRM-Slicker

Hope this does the trick for you, like you, I want my cat's hair to be as long as possible and without the static!