If she Had Kittens, Wouldn't She want to Go Back to Them?

naomih

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, This is a bit of an extension to another post re possible nursing feral, and something I probably should have put in the original post.
The kitty I suspect may be nursing kittens on the street shows no desire to go outside, and hasn't since I trapped her last evening. She's not even trying to get out of the cat enclosure, lying calm & comfortable on blanket and eating, and seems very happy with the menu! Wouldn't she be meowing or indicating she wanted to go back out if she had kittens that needed her? She seems pretty relaxed and happy to be rescued at the moment and was very happy with her chicken dinner last night & seemed very relaxed...I would have thought she should be anxious and wanting to go out if she had dependent kittens still????? Could she really have forgotten she has them?? or perhaps decided that she'd rather leave them to stay here????? Or be so scared of me that she wouldn't try to get out?? I think I would practically have to kick her out to send her back to them (assuming they are still alive) ...she doesn't look to me like she would leave here voluntarily.
Your answers to this will hopefully help me decide whether I agree with my vet that she's probably not nursing, he based his opinion on the fact that they were unable to extract any milk from her and her ovaries apparently indicated she hadn't given birth in last 4 weeks.
Thanks again,
Naomi
Added...I just opened the front of her enclosure for a few minutes and turned away so she had a chance to go out, but she went from the front of it (she had been looking out) to moving up the back....she certainly could have got out....so?????

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honey, if the vet says she is not nursing and that her ovaries don't show a birth in the last 4 weeks, may I ask why you think she is nursing kits?

I would get her spayed in a heartbeat.

malikitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKiya

Honey, if the vet says she is not nursing and that her ovaries don't show a birth in the last 4 weeks, may I ask why you think she is nursing kits?

I would get her spayed in a heartbeat.
she got her nursed from what i read in the other thread.

if the vet is sure its been at lest 4 weeks since a birth, at this point you cant find the kits from what i read in your other thread, work on mom, in my opinion is better to save at least one cat. you cant save them all(especially if you cant find them) and if her kits are gone or grown and gown, than releasing her wouldnt be good for anyone, especially her.