Colin needs some major vibes...

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now Colin could really use some tcs vibes if ya'll don't mind sparing a few. This really is aweful. Just recently, a lot has been going on with the police dpt. he works for. A lot of the higher ranking officers there are being jerks to Colin because of his past. Colin was a naval lt. before taking on this job and his rank in the navy was higher than the rank of the top guy at the police station. Needless to say, Colin went from being a higher ranking naval lt. to the bottom of the totem pole when he chased after his dream of becomming a cop. Not only did he take a 65-70% pay cut when he switched jobs, he also got a lot of questions too....like "why would a lt. want to be a cop?" stuff like that. To which he always defended that he loves helping people and that's where he feels God wants him. Well recently, some jerks that are at the top of the chain at the dpt have been picking on Colin because they think it's "funny" someone who was a higher rank than they ever were is now their "girl" so to speak. It's aweful. To the point that they're scrutinizing his every move. He also is getting a lot of grief because he has a degree as well and a lot of the other officers do not. It's really starting to stress Colin out to the point that he's talking about looking for another job. Now that is really stressing me out as well- i'm ready to settle down and start a family....that's not gonna happen if he can't provide for us and have a steady job. (keep in mind, i do pull my own weight- i'm working towards my dental degree so that i can bring a bright future to the table as well.) I don't know what we're going to do now.
/ Tonight after work he stoped by the house for a minute and told me some more things that happened today and said that he was going to meet with some other officers for a bit tonight to talk about some things. So I guess he won't be back for a few more hours. I feel so bad for him- he's so upset over this. He knows i'll support him and be there for him no matter what....so maybe that's a little comforting to him...i hope. / The thing is, i don't really know how to help him right now other than just being there for him when he wants to talk and listening. He's kinda angry at the world right now and isn't really receptive to "I love you, i'm there for you no matter what happens" right now. He knows i love him and will stick by his side, but he's kinda just so stressed right now it doesn't matter to him, or at least it seems that way.....now for the kicker....he's really wanting to do something on the federal level again like the US Marshalls- which has me absolutely freaking out- i'm trying to find as much info on them as i can...but from what i've researched so far, it's very dangerous depending on what his specific job would be, they travel a lot, they relocate a lot....and several other things that i'm totally NOT wanting to go through. He knows this. So i guess we'll just wait and see what happens. I really hope they can sort some things out tonight and that he will stick with the police thing at least for a while longer. (he says he won't leave until he's definite he has something else). I just don't know how to help him right now other than being here for him- any suggestions would be welcomed.
If everyone could really send some prayers and vibes Colin's way, I would be so greatful. He's really having it rough right now.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry Colin and you are going threw this right now. (((VIBES))) From my family.
I hope things work out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4crazycats

Sorry Colin and you are going threw this right now. (((VIBES))) From my family.
I hope things work out.
Thanks Amber- I really appreciate that. I'm super stressed over this right now & I know Colin definitely is- so hopefully the vibes will help a bit. I can't fall asleep at the moment and I have class from 7:30-3:45 tomorrow then work from 5-10pm. That's not cool. I have a paper due tomorrow which I can't seem to write at the moment and a test in the same class.
Yet I can't seem to fall asleep without Colin.
I really hope he's able to get some stuff off his chest tonight and maybe find some new incentive to stick with his current job.

Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

I am sorry this is happening
Thankyou for the hugs- they're definitely appreciated.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
its part of playing the game, my boss used to be my best friend of 14 years.Until his mind went on vaction and did not take the rest of his body It cause all types of issues. He needs to just do his job. If things are beyond being able to deal with, then its time to step over there heads. How that is going on. look for a job with another city. If things are being said to him that are not work related, such as calling him there girl. Since he seem he does not go that way, well i would bring it up as a sexual thing,and somethign a lawyer needs to look into(my boss once said how someone 6 foot 3 could have no butt, to which i said no the question is why are you looking at my butt) If its beyond just a normal new guy thing then he needs to stick to his guns and fight until he can find something new.

and for the most part US Marshalls transport crimmals(my cousin has worked for them for 15 years) sure they do some other stuff also, but that is my impression of what i have seen.It would depend on what he did there.

I have been told that for every door that shuts more open. have faith i am sure everything will work out the way it is supposed to

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Bruce- I really appreciate everything you've said.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

This is what Colin wants to do if the cop thing doesn't work out....can ya'll see why i'm not so crazy about it.

http://www.usdoj.gov/marshals/
I can see why you wouldnt want him to do that. One of my Dads old high school buddies does that. He LOVES it. I would be scared all the time if someone I was closed to did it though.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

This is what Colin wants to do if the cop thing doesn't work out....can ya'll see why i'm not so crazy about it.

http://www.usdoj.gov/marshals/
He's a brave guy - and the world needs heroes. If his dream is to help others at his own risk... I think, just let him do it. If he took 'safe' jobs, he could still be hit by a bus, or mugged and murdered, or have a heart attack. We can't really ever keep our loved ones as safe as we like.

You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

I have been told that for every door that shuts more open. have faith i am sure everything will work out the way it is supposed to
I just wanted to add that this is what i was going to say, and it is very true, so many doors closed on me in the last few weeks and i just see light at the other end because new doors seem to pop out of nowhere.

Hang in there!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nikki, I am praying that God heads Colin in the right direction for a job.Even if we don't understand why things happen, he knows and will do what he thinks is best.I just pray that whatever it is, you are o.k. with it. And Colin and you are able to have a family like you want.HUGS!!!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending mega {{{prayers and vibes}}} out to Colin & you both! maybe Colin should consider checking out the state patrol. I used to date a police detective who does alot of cooperative work with the Dept. of Justice and ATF depts. It was very difficult at first, caring for someone who's working undercover apprehending some very serious criminals, but he is such a great guy, that I dated him for 4 years. Ours was a long-distance relationship, though, and he wanted a wife but I was unwilling to move to the city and he loves his job, which is in the city soooo.... we reduced things to the "just friends" level and both wound up marrying attornies in the same year

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sending out {{{{{prayers and vibes}}}}} to both of you. I'm sorry this is happening.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, that sucks. I am sending many vibes that those idiots will grow up. The are just jealous that he has accomplished so much in his life, and they are trying to make him pay for it because they know they are LOSERS compared to him...

Here's hoping it gets better Nikki

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know its hard for you to see the man you love doing something so dangerous. All you can do is support him in his dreams. But you have tons of vibes from me that things around there start changing for him for the better!

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nikki....you & Colin are in my thoughts. I'm sure he will make the right decision. As far as his co-workers are concerned....I think Natalie is right....jealousy is probably the main factor there. Keep your chin up!

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nikki, sending you and Colin both major {{{{{vibes}}}}} that he will make the decision that is best for you both, whatever that may be. I know what it's like to worry like crazy about someone you love (me ex-hubby was a helicopter pilot) but take comfort in the fact that if he loves what he does, he takes special care to keep himself safe. I hope he made it home OK, and that he was able to find some resolution.