How long will the Christmas Tree stay up?

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I put up the christmas tree tonight.

OH BOY! Either Whitey has never experienced a tree or this time of year is his favorite! From the moment I put the center pole up he was hopping in the box (with all the branches in it), he "helped" me readjust the lights and the garland since he had the advantage of being under the tree and has been checking to make sure that the ornaments are firmly placed on the branches.

Oh and apparently the tree skirt wasn't under the tree properly. He has taken the liberty of readjusting that as well.

So how long do you give the tree to stay in an upright position?

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

So I put up the christmas tree tonight.

OH BOY! Either Whitey has never experienced a tree or this time of year is his favorite! From the moment I put the center pole up he was hopping in the box (with all the branches in it), he "helped" me readjust the lights and the garland since he had the advantage of being under the tree and has been checking to make sure that the ornaments are firmly placed on the branches.

Oh and apparently the tree skirt wasn't under the tree properly. He has taken the liberty of readjusting that as well.

So how long do you give the tree to stay in an upright position?
I just posted pics of what my tree has gone through... I give mine less then a week

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well the tree is still up this morning!

Although Whitey decided he didn't like the tree skirt (apparently it just doesn't "go") as I found the skirt crumpled into a ball in the corner behind the tree.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not having as much trouble with the cats as I thought I would, but I'm keeping the real troublemakers downstairs until Damita's ringworm clears up. My big problem is with the "otter tails". The dog keeps on wagging the ornaments right off the tree!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm in the habit of putting up the tree on Christmas Eve, and taking it down January 2nd. While it's up, I have to search for all the "vanishing" ornaments, and redecorate the tree, on a daily basis. I have some beautiful glass/porcelain ornaments I've never taken out of their boxes. We also gave up and switched to an artificial tree, which is much less attractive than a real one.

lovinmom828

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I said by this weekend.

My cats always take a few days to knock it over or make all the bulbs fall off haha.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The tree is still up!!!

:jawdrop:

Whitey may be considerate of the tree!!!

telynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We are worried about the tree this year. Last year Lynx was just a little bitty kitty. We tried to keep him out of the tree as much as possible, but he did end up climbing up it a few time. (And we just missed the cutest picture of him peeking out from the branches.) I'm afraid this year he will remember climbing the tree, but not take into account that he is much, much bigger.