My phone is ringing non-stop!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You ever have one of those days?
For the last 2 days it won't stop ringing!
It's driving me crazy! I only have a cell phone so I have to watch my minutes. I tell everyone "Let me call you back later when it's free" Low and behold if THEY don't call ME back 30 mins later.
I've decided to go ahead and get a home phone. My cable company offers it in a package deal along with my internet for only $25 more a month. It costs me more then that when I go over on my mins with my cell phone so I figured it would be better.....
But for tonight....It's getting turned off.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup, my mom calls oh lets see....every 5 minutes!! Uhhh... it get's sooo annoying! I love talking to her- but not every 5 minutes.....

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How come it costs you money when people call you? Doesn't it only cost them? I am on a plan where I pay $49 per month up front, and then I get $230 worth of calls and texts. I never use my home phone anymore, seriously, I can never, ever use $230 worth of calls - and I use my phone a lot! I once rang my brother in another state on my mobile, and talked to him for 45 minutes, and I STILL didn't use up all my credit! It's a really great way to do things....

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We used over 7000 minutes on the business cells this month so I think it is safe to say that the phone never stops ringing... it sounds like a good idea to get a home phone, even if you only use it for incoming calls... you can write it off as part of the business anyway can't you?

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!

How come it costs you money when people call you? Doesn't it only cost them?
In North America it costs to make and receive calls.

My sister rings me on her mobile in Aus and doesn't use all her minutes up either

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Yup, my mom calls oh lets see....every 5 minutes!! Uhhh... it get's sooo annoying! I love talking to her- but not every 5 minutes.....
My mom is like that too!

Originally Posted by icklemiss21

We used over 7000 minutes on the business cells this month so I think it is safe to say that the phone never stops ringing... it sounds like a good idea to get a home phone, even if you only use it for incoming calls... you can write it off as part of the business anyway can't you?
Yeap.. But still, I need a home phone anyways

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not sure what plan you have or if you are locked into a contract but I IMed the office down there and they use nextel and have a plan with free incoming calls, it is $60 for 500 mins outgoing and free incoming, evenings and weekends there are smaller/bigger plans if those minutes don't suit you

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Uhhh....speaking of my mom calling me non-stop....i'll give you 5 guesses who's on the phone with me now....

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Uhhh....speaking of my mom calling me non-stop....i'll give you 5 guesses who's on the phone with me now....
I have shut down communications for the night so I feel for ya!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hi, Mom!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

I have shut down communications for the night so I feel for ya!
lol...I would LOVE to, but since i'm not at my house tonight (my mom and I live in a very very bad neighborhood) ...I always leave the phone on just in case....I wouldn't want her to not be able to get ahold of me if something were to happen. But it sure is annoying when she calls every 5 minutes just to tell me the same thing she did the previous 5 minutes! Uhhhh! She needs a boyfriend!:

Originally Posted by gemlady

Hi, Mom!
uhhhhhh! no kiddin!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

lol...I would LOVE to, but since i'm not at my house tonight (my mom and I live in a very very bad neighborhood) ...I always leave the phone on just in case....I wouldn't want her to not be able to get ahold of me if something were to happen. But it sure is annoying when she calls every 5 minutes just to tell me the same thing she did the previous 5 minutes! Uhhhh! She needs a boyfriend!:

uhhhhhh! no kiddin!
I can understand that. It scares me to turn mine off on the nights my son is at his dads... Ya just never know

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

In North America it costs to make and receive calls.
Ouch! That's a bit of a rort - why have one?? I mean, obviously I know why you would have one, but that seems a little unfair...

My sister rings me on her mobile in Aus and doesn't use all her minutes up either
Yep, you can get some really good plans here. When my brother and I were with the same network it was free for either of us to call each other. That was cool...

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine never rings unless I'm making supper or busy helping 4 kids with homework.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

Mine never rings unless I'm making supper or busy helping 4 kids with homework.
It's been HORRIBLE for 2 days!
Oh and get this... since my phone is powered off, friends are now signing on to yahoo asking me "why aren't you answering your phone?"

BECAUSE I WANT TO BE LEFT ALONE!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

It's been HORRIBLE for 2 days!
Oh and get this... since my phone is powered off, friends are now signing on to yahoo asking me "why aren't you answering your phone?"

BECAUSE I WANT TO BE LEFT ALONE!
LOL!!! Tell them you just need a break for a few.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

LOL!!! Tell them you just need a break for a few.
Yeap..
Now if Reggie would just disappear for a few I'd be ok

He just took a HUGE mouthfull of V8 Splash Hot and Spicy and it set him on fire!
I asked him "Well, did you shake it up?" He says "um. no"

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL!!!! Shawn is on his way home.So,it's been only me and the kits for about an hour and a half.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

LOL!!!! Shawn is on his way home.So,it's been only me and the kits for about an hour and a half.
Oh I am about to strangle me some kitties tonight.. Bo will NOT stay out of the Christmas tree! Earlier today when I was re-decorating it for the 3rd time, he climbed in the tree while I was hanging ornaments and was swatting at them as I hung them... The kids thought it was hilarious because he would pop his head out for just long enough to find the ornament, go back in and swat with his little paw... He thinks it's cute...well...I did too.. the first 4 times!
After that, he got flat out annoying
and was "banned" from the tree.... for... oh... 3 mins