A gray streak followed by a black streak...

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
equals a grape juice stain on my beige carpet. I am now just going to start writing checks to my apartment complex as a back up to the security deposit AND pet deposit I'm going to loose. I was able to soak most of it up, and get the purple stain out, but you can still see a dark mark on my floor.

Why is it that cheep apartment complexes use beige carpet for all of their apartments????? Is this on purpose so you can't spill anything during the duration of your rental? Isn't this slightly unrealistic?

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How putting a stain/spot remover book on your Christmas list. I keep one plus its stuffed with stuff I tore out of magazines by my shelves close to the washer.
My advise: Juice- sponge with lukewarm water . Then dissolve 1 tsp laundry detergent in 1 cup warm water and dab towel in this solution and dab the stained area blotting with dry cloths as you work then sponge with damp cloths to remove the suds. Another on food dyes recommends neutralizing it with 1 T ammonia in 1 cup water then rub table salt into area and let sit. Remove all of this with damp cloths.
Good luck!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

How putting a stain/spot remover book on your Christmas list. I keep one plus its stuffed with stuff I tore out of magazines by my shelves close to the washer.
My advise: Juice- sponge with lukewarm water . Then dissolve 1 tsp laundry detergent in 1 cup warm water and dab towel in this solution and dab the stained area blotting with dry cloths as you work then sponge with damp cloths to remove the suds. Another on food dyes recommends neutralizing it with 1 T ammonia in 1 cup water then rub table salt into area and let sit. Remove all of this with damp cloths.
Good luck!!
Thanks I'll try that!

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Grape juice contains tannin and white wine or club soda works really well at getting out tannin based stains.
Does baking soda do the same thing? I don't have any club soda at the moment.

babytobee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I use this really cheap carpet cleaner spray called "Totally Awesome Carpet Cleaner". The brand is "Totally Awesome". http://www.lastotallyawesome.com/householdchem.html# It took out 2 year old grease stains on my beige carpet. You may be able to find it at your local dollar store, Longs Drugs, or Walmart. It's costs about $1.00 per bottle! I swear - this stuff is Totally Awesome!

~Amy

P.S. It works really well on cat stains, too.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My stain book talks about baking soda using it as a cheap nonabrasive cleaner and deoderizer. It doesn't mention it as a substitute for club soda.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BabyTobee

I use this really cheap carpet cleaner spray called "Totally Awesome Carpet Cleaner". The brand is "Totally Awesome". http://www.lastotallyawesome.com/householdchem.html# It took out 2 year old grease stains on my beige carpet. You may be able to find it at your local dollar store, Longs Drugs, or Walmart. It's costs about $1.00 per bottle! I swear - this stuff is Totally Awesome!

~Amy

P.S. It works really well on cat stains, too.
These look great! I may just have to go out and buy some!

Originally Posted by GailC

My stain book talks about baking soda using it as a cheap nonabrasive cleaner and deoderizer. It doesn't mention it as a substitute for club soda.
Thanks for the info, I'm not good at the whole what common household product takes out what stain thing.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine is a older paperback book called The Stain and Spot remover handbook by Jean Cooper. Martha Stewart should still have her stain guide on her website too.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel your pain. I had a Radar incident yesterday involving a large tub of instant gravy granules
He was on his way to the running tap when he knocked it over, and was heading back towards it with very wet feet as I was cleaning it up.

Fortunately it was on the kitchen floor which is tiled and I managed to get it all before he gravied himself.

There are some really good stain removers about these days, fingers crossed that it can be sorted.

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's an idea -- no more grape products, of any kind, until the boys are out of kittenhood!
You have the worst luck w/that combo!!!