TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Nazumi's vet visit results
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nazumi's vet visit results

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
Well first off Nazumi is doing well. Hes gaining weight like crazy. Hes gained almost 2 lbs in a week! Hes up to 11 lbs 5 oz. And he got the all clear to be neutered next week. The heart murmur isnt any where nearas bad as Bagheeras and the vet said he should be able to lead a normal healthy life. Im so relieved. I was so worried about it and I cried when the vet told me he would be fine.

NOW... The introduction with the other cats went ok at first until he had a run in with Lily. Who John calls the demon cat. I went to the bathroom and he went into her territory. Now hes scared of all the other cats. She sounded like a crazy wild animal and I ran out and had to drag him out from underneath me bed/ Im hoping he isnt totally traumitized. He is scared to leave Sarahs room Any advice on how to get him ok with being out of the room?

Anyways thats all from me.
post #2 of 13
Glad to hear that his heart murmur isn't so bad, Amber. He is a real cutie! Lily will get used to him - she probably just has to put up a fuss for a day or two!

Congrats to you and John on the new kitty boy!
post #3 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by neetanddave View Post
Glad to hear that his heart murmur isn't so bad, Amber. He is a real cutie! Lily will get used to him - she probably just has to put up a fuss for a day or two!

Congrats to you and John on the new kitty boy!
Thanks Im very relieved the heart murmur isnt to bad and that it wont affect his quality of life.
Lily hates all othe cats. The other cats know not to go into her area (kitchen and my room). So when she saw him she totally flipped out and sounded like a banshee. I found him as far bac against the wall under my bed frozen. I felt horrible. Thanks.
post #4 of 13
That is great news ...they said that Bella had a heart murmur...and then they never heard it again!!
post #5 of 13
I'm glad his vet visit went well
post #6 of 13
I'm glad to hear the vet visit went well
post #7 of 13
Have you tried Feliway to calm him? I'm glad to hear his heart murmur isn't that bad....although if it was he'd be in the best hands.
post #8 of 13
Glad his Vet appt. results were good!!!
post #9 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by white cat lover View Post
Have you tried Feliway to calm him? I'm glad to hear his heart murmur isn't that bad....although if it was he'd be in the best hands.
I will try and get some tomorow. I keep forgetting about it. I'm hoping he gets more relaxed because Lily really freaked him out.

A little more about his heart murmur the vet said that it is grade 3 maybe 4. But compared to Bagheera's grade 5 and then later on grade 6 it really isnt that bad. Kinda in the middle. The vet wants us to go to a specialist to get him neutered. So they can make sure he is ok to neuter. His murmur is caused by a interventricular defect. Basically a whole in between the chambers of his heart. Aparently its not THAT serious. They let me listen to his heart and it sounds much quiter then Bagheeras. Bagheera got to the point you just had to put your ear to his chest and you could hear it beating.
post #10 of 13
Oh, Lily My cat Cindy used to be that way to Joey and JC when they were young, even though JC quickly grew bigger. It finally got to the point that Cindy would hunt and attack the boys, until the fateful day that JC was suddenly tired of taking his licks like a tom, and slapped Cindy back. Poor Cindy just flew; JC was surprised, more than anything, but when Cindy ran off, he chased her, Joey joined in, and they invented a very naughty game of harrassing her, that keeps me on the constant alert Sounds like Nazumi will grow up & soon enough the tables may turn in your house, too.
post #11 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsknowme View Post
Oh, Lily My cat Cindy used to be that way to Joey and JC when they were young, even though JC quickly grew bigger. It finally got to the point that Cindy would hunt and attack the boys, until the fateful day that JC was suddenly tired of taking his licks like a tom, and slapped Cindy back. Poor Cindy just flew; JC was surprised, more than anything, but when Cindy ran off, he chased her, Joey joined in, and they invented a very naughty game of harrassing her, that keeps me on the constant alert Sounds like Nazumi will grow up & soon enough the tables may turn in your house, too.
Yeah Bagheera did that too with Lily. She still hissed at him if he got to close but didnt attack. Im hoping he learned his lesson and wont try and go in there any more. Poor boy!
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4crazycats View Post
Well first off Nazumi is doing well. Hes gaining weight like crazy. Hes gained almost 2 lbs in a week! Hes up to 11 lbs 5 oz.
I'm thinking the weight gain is from that pizza party he had.

I'm glad to hear he's doing so well!
post #13 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingersMom View Post
I'm thinking the weight gain is from that pizza party he had.

I'm glad to hear he's doing so well!
Or the fact that he eats EVERYTHING he see's. I caught him sneaking some donut that Sarah left in the room he stays in. He was not happy when I took it from him. LOL The vet also has him on kitten food canned and dry. To fatten him up. Hes filled out so much since the pics in my siggie were taken. I think he gaines weight every day. He's gonna be a big boy. BTW my vet says he looks more like 7 months to him. I have to agree that he acts/looks younger then 9 months. But the vet said compromise and say hes 8 months.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Nazumi's vet visit results